False Prophets.

After a long day at work, my shift finally ended and I headed home to my Aunt's house.

"Hey TT I'm home!" I yelled through the house.

"Hey baby, I haven't seen you in a couple days. How are you?"

My aunt was standing in the kitchen chopping onions.

"I was with Jack."

"He and the movers came by today."

"What?" I asked making sure I heard her correctly.

"Yeah Jack said you were moving back in, but this time inside the main house."

I quickly searched through my purse to find my phone.

Jack gives me a fucking headache.

I quickly found his contact and dialed his number while pacing back and forth.

"Hello?" He answered sounding out of breath.

"Where's my shit?"

"At our home, waiting to be unpacked. You have a ton of wigs you know?"

His comment about my wigs made me laugh.

I loved my natural hair but when I wanted inches, all I needed was got2be glue, my blow dryer, and my frontal.

"You didn't ask me if I wanted to move back in." I said finally getting to the point.

"You didn't ask me to get you pregnant either,but that managed to happen."

"Jack." I said firmly.

"Maliyah."

"I'll be there in ten."

"Hurry fast, I have a surprise for you."

Him and his damn surprises

When I got to the suburbian home, the snow that fell caught my eye. I took the opportunity to look around and get a good view of where I would be living. The neighbors next door were making snow angels in the snow. The tall maple tree in our front yard was gradually being covered in the crisp white snow.

"You made it." Jack yelled from the porch snapping me out of my gaze.

"Yeah, so what's this surprise?" I asked while walking up the steps and into the already warm and cozy house.

"How was work?"

"Uh uh." I said raising my eyebrow. "Don't try and butter me up, what's the surprise Jack?"

"Fine." He said rubbing his hand across the back of his neck.

"I've got us tickets to go see Cardi B."

He knew my ratchet ass loved some Cardi B.

"Baby, you're talking about these expensive, these is red bottoms Cardi B?"

"Yeah yeah, all that these is bloody shoes."

"Baaaaaaabeeeeee." I said while pulling my coat off and placing on the loveseat.

"Two things though."

It's always a damn catch.

"You'll be going with my sister and it's in Moscow."

"We're flying to Russia? When? Why aren't you going? What about Julianna?"

He made his way over to me and place his hands on my shoulders.

"Everything is taken care of and arranged. No need to worry detka. I have business to take care of back home."

"Again?" I sighed.

"Yeah but I really want you to connect with my family while we're there. I don't know when's the next time they'll be staying in their lake house."

"When are we leaving?"

"In three days." He announced.

"Jack, that's no where near enough time to let my job know."

"Forget the damn job, Maliyah. This is more important. You're going on a trip to spend time with future family. Which reminds me—." He took the ring out of his pocket and slid it onto my ring finger.

"I put your furniture in storage I hope that's okay."

"I guess that's alright." I said while fidgeting with the massive rock on my fingers.

"What's wrong?" Jack asked while furrowing his eyebrows.

"Nothing just my anxiety is bothering me. I need this job to pay for school. You didn't like my other job."

"Maliyah, your other job wasn't a good job. If you let me I can give you the world. I can pay for whatever you need, whatever your heart desires, I've got you baby. Just trust me.

He took my hands in his.

"Can you do that for me?" He asked.

"Okay." I agreed. It'd be a relief to not have to worry about anything and to finally have someone take care of me instead.

He gave me a kiss on my forehead and sat down on the couch.

I cocked my head to the side in curiosity.

"Let's talk."

"Abouutttttttttt?" He looked up at me.

"What's the worst thing you've ever done?"

"I don't know if I'm ready to tell you yet, detka."

I sat next to him on the sandy brown sofa.

"Tell me." I paused. "Please."

"Alright, but I don't want you to think of me differently", He sighed.

"I was twenty two years old,cocky,ambitious and I wanted to be just like my father. To me, he was fearless and on top of the world. Everyone respected him and I wanted that for myself. One thing lead to another and I was following in my father's footsteps. It didn't take a lot of time before I became his right hand man. I did bad things I threatened families, I closed sketchy deals, whatever it took. I remember getting so angry at one of my father's men. He didn't respect me and in order to earn respect in the mob, you have to take it. So, I found myself pointing a gun at a man. A man who had a pregnant wife, a son,and a sick mother. And I shot him. Not once but 4 times. The adrenaline I got from the squeeze of the gun and watching his lifeless body fall to the floor made me feel powerful. I liked the rush I got from murdering him cold blood. I began killing whoever disrespected me or looked down on me and I--."

"Enough!" I yelled cutting him off and releasing his hand from mine. "I don't want to here anymore." I said before standing up and making my way to the front door.

"That's not even the worst part, Detka."

"Jack."

" I couldn't stop myself. It was like a growing hunger a growing urge to dismantle anyone in my way."

"Jack. Stop."

Tears began spilling from my eyes. The man who I thought was the nicest in the world was an absolute monster.

"You killed innocent people?"

"Anybody, who got in my way Maliyah."