Christmas Day

Being pregnant would often make me feel more tired then before. I was still in bed until a very rowdy and excited Anna bursted through the door and plopped on to the bed.

"It's Christmas! Its Christmas!" she shouted.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed, before Jack came through the door in his tacky ugly sweater littered with stripes and Santa Clauses. He held a Christmas mug in his left hand and a plate of breakfast in his right.

"Merry Christmas." He smiled cheekily before handing me the plate of food.

"Thank you." I mouthed before leaning forward to kiss him.

"I really want to see what Santa got me ."Anna said frowning.

I sat the plate of food on the night stand before standing to my feet.

"Let's go open those gifts." I said with a smile.

We made our way into the living room where the tree was crowded with presents that we wrapped the night before.

"Go ahead and get started opening your presents Anna." I said before turning on some Christmas music.

She scampered over to the largest wrapped gift. While she tore the wrapping paper off , Jack sat next to me with his Christmas mug still in his hand.

"How'd you sleep?"

"I slept okay, my back was a little achy." I complained.

"I have one more gift for you."

"Jack, you've really done a lot already. More than enough if I say so myself."

"You can't reject a gift, it's rude." He said before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small red box with a tightly knotted yellow bow.

"Open it." He said pushing it into my lap. "For me."

I smiled up at him before sliding the bow off of the box and removing the lid.

It was a silver key to a door.

"What's this?"

"I felt like we needed to upgrade. Our family is growing and I want it to continue to grow. I bought us a better house with one of the best school zones in the city."

"Ahhh!" Anna screamed in excitement as she looked at her new doll house.

"Jack, I love you so much." I said before throwing my arms around his neck.

"My barbies are going to be so happy." Anna said while examining the doll house.

The morning continued on with Anna unwrapping her gifts and Jack and I lying together on the couch.

Jack checked the watch on his wrist. "We should get ready to go to your Aunt's."

I rolled my eyes. I was comfortable just staying in and us 4 being together.

"Come on." He said tapping my shoulder in hopes of me getting up.

I gave in and made my way into the bedroom to get ready for the day.

***

After an hour of rummaging through my clothes, I finally found a nice enough outfit that complimented the small baby bump that was beginning to form.

"Almost ready?" Jack asked from the bedroom door.

"Yeah I am." I responded before walking over to him.  "How does this look?"

"Hmm...I don't really like that on you." He answered honestly. I think you should wear that long sleeve dress with the flowers on it."

I walked to the closet and pulled out the dress he described.

"This one?"

"Mhm."

"It makes me look fat." I said frowning.  I was never a skinny girl, but this baby weight sure was packing more meat on my bones.

"Try it on, I'm sure you'll look fine."

I slipped out of the pink dress and into the dress he suggested I try.

"I told you I looked ugly in this dress." I huffed.

"No you don't." He disagreed. "You look like a woman that I'm desperately attractive to and you in that dress has me on edge of snatching it off of you."

My confidence rose through the roof as well as the sexual tension I had for him.

"Can you zip me up ?"

"I almost don't want to." He whispered loud enough for me to hear just before he stood up to zip the dress.

"Do you have the elf ears?" Jack asked.

I pulled my eyebrows together. "What elf ears?"

"I bought you and Julianna ears, so you can be my little helpers."

"That's so cute,but no I haven't seen them."

When Jack found the elf ears, we made our way into the car and down the highway.

I stared out the window as Jack drove and we listened to holiday music.

"It would be perfect if it snowed." Jack mentioned.

"Maybe next year we can go up north for Christmas." I suggested.

"Then it's a trip."

When we arrived at my aunt's house, laughs could be heard from the inside of the house. I instantly recognized the husky laugh,before my aunt invited us in.

Jack and Julianna shimmied out of their coats, while I stood there in awe gazing at the tall, stocky silhouette facing the warm flames of the fireplace that belonged to my father.

Even though I wasn't on the best of terms with him and my mother, I was a daddy's girl at heart and seeing him for the first time in a long time allowed a rush of emotions to overwhelm me.

"Are you alright?" Jack said placing his arm around my waist.

I snapped out of my despair before responding to his concern.

Julianna kicked off her shoes and glided to the open living room where everyone stood around with Christmas mugs and plates of food.

Jack and I walked in together. I stood quietly beside him as he said Hello loud enough for everyone to hear.

My mother sat on the other side of the room next to my grandmother. She'd look the same as the last time I saw her. Her hair was long unlike she usually kept it and a diamond necklace glistened against the red sweater she wore.

"Well it's about time y'all showed up." My uncle joked. "Your auntie insisted that we waited to open gifts until you got here."

I walked towards him and gave him a hug and through in a small apology.

My grandma stood beside the well lit Christmas tree and began reading the names on each labeled.

*****You Guys this is a filler chapter. Don't hate me !! I've been working and dealing with life a whole lot. I've got a lot of great things in store for this book. If you have any suggestions or questions always comment! I love hearing what you guys have to say. I really appreciate each and everyone of you so much *air hugs*❤️❤️