TWSM • Chapter 30

[ ••• ]

The trip back to Dayna's evil corders was hell. All I could think about was her stupid minions killing Trevor and I'd never know. Not to mention one of two who had grabbed me was a little too close to me. I could feel his nasty breath fanning my cheek.

"Can I get a little space?" I stared blankly at Dayna who sat directly in front of me. She had her gun pointed at me if I did anything she didn't like.

Dayna smacked her lips as her eyes darted from me to her goon then back to me.

"Nah,"

I rolled my eyes.

"Zendaya I hope you know I've never meant for you to fall for Trevor," she smirked. "I thought you'd be smarter, but I guess I'm the only smart one in the family after all,"

I stayed quiet.

"Trevor was meant to die anyway, all of you were at one point or another I was the only one coming out of this game alive," she added. Dayna was so proud of what she had become and that's what scared me the most.

"You'll never get away with this, you better hope you have the guts to kill me because I swear to-

"You swear to what Z?" Dayna cut me off without hesitation. "You swear to god you'll get revenge? You swear I'll rue the day I ever decided to cross you?" She laughed as she pretended to shake out of fear.

"I swear you'll feel the pain that I do, I won't stop until you're begging me to kill you," I spat out with anger.

My statement made Dayna jolt out of her seat in happiness. She lit up with the biggest smile as she was inches away from my face.

"Now that's what I like to hear sister!" She exclaimed. She grabbed my face near the chin area with her hand and squeezed it like a grandma would. Dayna's was a tad bit more forceful though.

"Let her out Zendaya," she smiled. "Let out the beast inside, we all have one and that's the only chance you have at coming out of this alive,"

Sitting back down in her seat, but not before placing a kiss to my forehead she seemed satisfied with herself.

"What do you gain out of this?" I asked.

"If you let your dark side show everyone will know I'm not the only crazy one!" She flopped her hands in the air. "You'll have blood on your hands and there's no coming back from that,"

A lump formed in my throat.

"Once you see a life leave a body and know that you're the one who pulled the trigger it'll change you," She kind of sung her words in a little tune. "When that moment happens sis, I'll be there cheering you on,"

"I'll never be like you," I defended myself.

"Oh!" She screamed causing me to jump. "But you already are, my job is just to unleash it,"

All I could do was look at her.

"Just imagine ruling the city with me Z!" She sounded hopeful. "Next stop the world! We could be the people mom and dad never envisioned us as. People will quake at the sound of our names!"

Looking into her eyes I could tell she was serious. The Dayna I knew was long gone and the one that replaced her was pure evil.

I faked a smile.

"You really think we could rule the world?"

[ ••• ]

When we finally arrived Dayna was hyped up on the thought of me joining her in her evil festivities.