TWSM • CHAPTER 25

[ ••• ]

I was awaken to a bucket of freezing cold water dumped onto my head and I now knew how Jack Dawson felt on the Titanic.

I was strapped to a chair inside of the Chief's office and my head was buzzing from Trevor's painful hits. I couldn't believe this... after all this time everyone I thought I couldn't trust were the ones trying to help me all along.

My teeth were chattering as I stared at one of the Chief's goons standing above me with the most wicked smile I've ever seen. I had to admit that I was scared. What was going to happen to me now? They had the drive they had Trevor.. they had everything.

I was a loose end and everybody knows what happens to loose ends.

My mind was racing out of control I couldn't handle it. Where was Trevor? Where was the Chief?

As if on cue the Chief walked through his office doors with his hands tucked deeply into his suit pockets.

Shaking his head side to side he frowned slightly. What did he have to be disappointed at? I'm the one who should have all the hurt feelings here.

"Let-let me go," I shivered ice still slipping down the back of Kyle's hoodie I had on, blood from where Trevor hit me was also on the shoulder haunting me.

"Now why would I do that?" He snickered. "Besides I don't even have the authority to,"

Lifting my brow in confusion I stared at him in wonder. What does he mean he doesn't have the authority to?

"Just please let me go, I won't tell anyone about any of this, you guys have the drive you have everything just please," I begged fighting the urge to break down and cry for my life.

"Aah yes," he smiled finally taking his hands from his pocket to reveal the drive. "He wanted the drive but she," he paused for a few seconds. "She wants you,"

"He?" I questioned. "She?"

All he did was smirk and I hated it.

"He means me," Trevor then walked into the room snatching the drive from the Chiefs hand like it was nothing. "Now get out of here both of you,"

The Chief simply bowed his head and him and his minion quickly exited the room. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

"It was you this whole time," I shook my head in disbelief. "You've been running game on me since we met and used the Chief to cover it up? You used him as the big bad guy so I could fall into your plan,"

"Oh so you aren't stupid?" Trevor chuckled.

Biting down on my lip before I said something I regretted causing him to flip out and murder me in cold blood. The only thing I could do was look at him, this guy who made me feel safe, who made me feel like the only person I needed was him. To only find out it was all a fraud.

"Don't look at me like that Z," he coped stepping closer to me and it made my skin crawl. "You can admit that you love me baby,"

Scoffing I rolled my eyes but still keeping my mouth shut.

Placing his hand on the bottom of my chin he pulled my face closer and had the audacity to try and kiss me. That's when I lost it completely.

Head butted him as hard as I could not caring at how much it would hurt me. All I knew was that it would hurt less than him betraying me.

"Don't put you filthy hands on me," I spat trying to break free from the chains I was strapped into on this damn chair.

The head butt caused him to step back in agony putting the tip of his fingers on the brim of his nose.