TWSM • CHAPTER 28

[ ••• ]

"Where do you think you're going?"

Stopping right in my tracks once I heard Trevor I gulped. He was snoring like a pig I thought he was out cold.

I mentally cursed myself.

"I was um going to get some fresh air," I lied. "It's so stuffy in here,"

"Mind if I join you?" He asked standing up from the chair and dusting off his jeans.

Rolling my eyes knowing he couldn't see me in the darkness of the room I sighed.

"Of course,"

Walking towards me Trevor swiftly went into his pocket and pulled out the car keys. "You weren't looking for these were you?"

"Listen here,"' I warned. "Give me those keys or your dead meat buddy,"

I thought about the gun Trevor had so foolishly gave me.

"Wow you are a heavy sleeper," Trevor laughed. "I took that off of you the moment you closed your eyes,"

Feeling around on myself I became angry knowing he was right. When....? How...?

"How many times are you going to threaten to kill me anyway?" He asked walking towards the door and opening it.

I didn't give him a answer. I was still thinking of a way to get the gun and keys off of him without a hassle.

Maybe if I knocked him out with a tree branch or something.

Let's take this conversation outside.

"ZENDAYA!" Trevor yelled nearly giving me whiplash the way he yanked me back inside of the dust trap. My foot accidentally shutting the door from the force.

"Get down!" He yelled crouching near the window and that's when panic began to set in.

I got down as low as I could and crawled my way over to Trevor.

Peeping through the window I saw two armed men dressed in all black. I didn't know much about evil minions but I knew they were scoping out the place.

"She found us," I whispered ducking down further.

"And you're dumbass was about to sneak out of here and get yourself killed," he shook his head in disappointment.

"No," I informed him. "She wants you dead not me,"

Trevor chuckled.

"Did you not hear her before? Once she no longer needs you you're dead too sweetheart," he said sweetheart in the most sarcastic tone I've ever heard.

Rolling my eyes once again I wanted to punch him in the face. I really needed to get away from this guy because instead of Dayna being my target he'd sure replace her.

"Follow me," he whispered as he crouch walked towards the basement door.

I really didn't want to go down there. What if I dust monster attacked me? Even worse a dust spider??!!

"Are you coming or are you just going to sit there and daydream about kissing me?" He mocked.

Scoffing I picked up the first object I could find and hurled it his way. It missed but it was the effort that counted.

"I knew that would get you moving," he laughed opening the basement door and making his way down.

I followed him cautiously.

There were indeed spider webs!

Honestly I'd rather go deal with the two guys out front than deal with spiders.