TWSM • CHAPTER 23

[ ••• ]

Kyle wasn't playing about how much he liked motel food. Before we even booked the room he had nearly emptied the vending machines happily eating snacks that looked as if they were in there for years.

I had to hold my breath to stop from gagging.

"You're really gross," I said to Kyle as Trevor unlocked our room door and all three of us entered.

"And you're just mad I got the best of it," he sneered plopping himself down on the worn out bed while stuffing his mouth with the snacks.

Rolling my eyes I sat the laptop down on the mini table in the corner of the room. Pulling out the drive I set it down next to it.

"Are you ready for this?" Trevor asked placing a hand on my shoulder.

Brushing him off of me I mimicked what he said but in a much more low pitched grunge voice.

Smacking his lips Trevor really didn't have time for my bullshit and it just made me laugh.

Opening the laptop I felt as if I were suffocating when both Kyle and Trevor gathered around me. Not to mention Kyle dropping his half eaten food crumbs down my back.

"Can I get 50 feet?!" I exclaimed and it took them a solid five minutes to take three steps back.

"Thank you," I huffed sticking the drive into the side of the computer waiting for the files to load up on it my heart pounding so loud I was so sure they could hear it.

Looking at the percentage of files loading it was on 35 and it started to slow down.

My phone started ringing again and it was my dad.

"Who is it?" Trevor asked trying to look over my shoulder. I quickly stood up and pressed answer on the call knowing I didn't want to talk to my dad but I'd rather piss off Trevor more.

Walking to the bathroom and shutting the door I was satisfied with how much Trevor was disliking me at this moment.

"What do you want?" I hissed into the phone not wanting to deal with him now or ever.

"You're not safe," he quickly spoke.

"Oh so I'm safe with you?" I laughed. "The man who tried to erase my memory, hand me over to the Chief and punched me in the face?"

He was silent for a few seconds.

"The Chief knows you have the drive," he said. "He knows where you are and where you've been, he's been communicating with someone you're with,"

"You're lying," was the only phrase I could come up with.

There was shuffling on his end of the phone.

"Zendaya I'm serious, you can't trust anybody,"

I was 10 seconds away from having a freaking temper tantrum I already knew I couldn't fully trust anybody and if my dad was right I didn't know what I'd do.

"I can't trust you," I said before ending his call and stuffing my phone into my pocket.

Before I could leave the bathroom my phone lit up again with a text message from him. Wow didn't he understand that I wanted nothing to do with him?

We know that your at Motel Fairview off route 29 .. Zendaya you have to get out of there

I was frozen.

That was the exact motel we were at how could he possibly know that?

Stepping out of the bathroom I stood in the doorway with the most terrified expression on my face.