Chapter 91: Wine

I think I'm gonna give Zayn the silent treatment for just a day or so. It's probably an immature thing to do, but it'll give him time to think about his actions, and face the fact that I don't think it's okay for him to lie to me all the time. It really hurts.

With that in mind, I'm definitely not bringing him along to the party tomorrow.

I'm so not in the mood for it all right now, but now I've promised to go, and i don't want to be a complete bore and sit at home and be a complete mug. Also I just hate it when people cancel.

I'll just have to pull myself together and try to have a fun night without thinking about Zayn. But I'll need another ride then. I don't want to go alone when I'm not in the best mood.

- "Hey Zo, what's up," Tamara says in the other end after taking a while picking up the phone.

- "Hey, am I interrupting?"

- "Nah just making some tea. That's a serious voice,"

- "Okay great. I don't want to sound weird or anything, but can we go to the party together tomorrow. I'm not bringing Zayn," I try my best to sound like I'm in a fairly light mood, but I'm not sure if I'm succeeding.

- "Sure of course. Liam's mum is driving him and I, but I could just give them your address and we could get ready together at your place then maybe? And they could pick us up from there,"

- "Great, let's do that! Thank you Tam," I sigh in relief.

- "Okay I'll come around 9 then. Is everything alright though? Is something going on?"
I guess she could hear it in my voice after all.

- "Yeah, great! And yeah really. I'm just really tired,"

- "Right.. by the way what are you gonna wear, cause I think I'm having a crisis," she giggles.

**

It's Friday night and almost 9pm and I'm sitting in the window seat in my room, looking out on the dark street, restlessly tapping my thumb nail against my phone screen.

Zayn has texted me 3 times today already. First it was just a heart, then one asking what I'm doing, and just now asking me why I won't answer him.

Even though what he did was so wrong, it's like it physically hurts inside my chest when I imagine him lying on his bed, just waiting for me to answer him while I ignore all his messages.

I know I promised myself that I would give him some time to think before I would talk to him again, but I have to answer. I literally can't resist it.

Another text makes my phone vibrate right as I'm about to unlock my it.

- Yo, I brought wine

It's Tamara. I see the a car arriving just outside my house too.

I stand up, and start making my way downstairs.
Nice job she did there though - distracting me from texting Zayn, without even knowing she did.

She rings the doorbell and she waves with a frosty bottle of white wine in her hand as I open, carrying a gym bag in the other, containing her outfit and make up I suppose. She hasn't put on her dress yet either.

I get us some wine glasses, and my mum waves and greets her from the couch as we go upstairs to my room.
- "I can't believe I've never even been in your room yet though," she says and takes place where I sat just minutes ago. "I like it though, it's pretty similar to mine in size. And this is nice. Stalker view and all," she leans back and looks down at the street and grins as I unscrew the lid of the bottle and pour wine into our glasses.

- "Yeah," I grin too and hand her a glass of the cold liquid. "And this was a good idea," I take a big sip of my own, feeling like I'll definitely need this in order to get in the right mood for tonight.

- "Wine is always a good idea,"

At the time we're done sitting on the floor, in front of my full body mirror while doing our make up, we've emptied the entire bottle.

__________