Chapter 1: Moving in

Heyy, so this is my first ever fanfic!! 
Please vote for the chapters that you like!

Enjoy xX

 I promise I will complete this story and not just suddenly delete it.

________________________________

- "It's so big!" I exclaim.

- "Yeah, it's nice isn't it?" My dad says, as he parks our car in our new driveway next to the big relocation truck containing most of our furniture.

 My mum and I both nod approvingly while my younger brother, Lucas seems rather confused about parking in front of a strange house.

- "Where are we?" the small blonde says, yawning for the third time within the last 15 minutes. 

I don't get how he can be tired though, this is all too exciting - and so strange.  I give in to the temptation and yawn as well as I get out of the car, relieved to finally be able to stretch my legs. I hate long car rides. Always have.

Yesterday I lived in a small town not far from London, and now I am standing right in front of our new - and I gotta admit - beautiful home in Bradford. I don't know how I feel about us moving yet - especially this far away - but I try my best to be optimistic.

The house looks bigger than I had expected, since only my dad has seen it in real life before, and the rest of us have only seen pictures of it online.
It's a nice looking brick house in two storeys, with a garage, a back garden and a little front garden as well. It's pretty much just a lawn, but still it looks nice.

I already know which room I am gonna get though, and it is way better than my old tiny one. It is upstairs and I am finally gonna have my own private bathroom, which is honestly the only reason that I'm so optimistic.

 **

Holding a surprisingly heavy box in my hands, I awkwardly open the door to my new room using my left elbow.

It's big and light like in the pictures, with a huge window along with a window seat. The walls are white and the floors are light hardwood floors like it is downstairs as well. Just the way I want it.

I put down the box full of books, that I have taken with me up the stairs, and sit down at the window seat for a moment, looking out on my new neighborhood. I have a crappy view but I can see the street so it will do.

I sigh and stare at all the boxes in the corner, and start to unload some of them. 

**

A couple of hours later, I decide to take a break from decoration my room and go downstairs to my parents, who are busy loudly showing the furniture removers where to put my mum's precious couch. 

Deciding that I'm not going to participate in that, I decide I better go outside and check the area out. I know nothing about Bradford at all, but I've looked it up once or twice online and the school should be pretty close.

 - "I'll take a walk," I say loudly enough for them to hear, and let my eyes scan the open kitchen area before heading towards the front door before my parents can object and make me stay and help.

- "Good idea, Zoe," my mum says distantly, and gives the furniture guy a "nonono there". She probably didn't know what I said but that's okay. 

She said it a hundred times that she feels guilty for forcing us to move and taking me and my brother away from our friends. She's the reason we had to move because she's the one who got a new job here. It's fine though, I understand.

I don't want her to feel bad, because she is a good mum, and I know she is stressed from the new work already - and to be honest, I kind of like the thought of a whole new beginning. To start from scratch. 
Get new friends - hopefully, and a completely new city is quite exciting as well. However I'm quite nervous for starting school already.

I've never been the new girl before - which is what I already feel like as get plenty of strange looks from the people living here as I walk down the street. Clearly this neighbourhood is one of those places where everybody knows everybody, so I just keep my head down and act as if I'm texting.

**

It starts raining when I reach some park, and my pullover, my skinny jeans and my sneakers are quickly soaked as I decide I better head back.

As I am walking with my head down and my hood up, a car passes, driving ominously close to the curb, and sprays dirty water right in my face.

I stop in my tracks and moan in annoyance. You've got to be kidding me.

I look up, my vision blurry from the water, and see the back of a black car, tightening my now very heavy, and very wet ponytail.

A guy with dark hair, sticks his head out the window and shouts back laughing "Sorreh 'bout tha'" in a strong Bradford accent.

Very funny, I think, douche.

 **

When I get back home, my hair dripping on the floor, I am met by my dad's mocking face, which isn't exactly what I need right now. "Nice walk?"

My dad is always trying to be funny when I am in a bad mood, so I ignore him and make my way to my very own bathroom upstairs, my light brown hair dripping all the way up.

- "Zoe we'll be in the basement!" I hear my mum shouting.

- "Mm," I hum back, knowing she wont be able to hear me anyway, and I take a look in the mirror. Strands of hair that has fallen out of my ponytail sticks to my forehead and temples, and it seem that all of my mascara has made its way under my brown eyes.

I look like a drowned mouse, I think to myself as I hear the unfamilar sound of our door bell ringing from downstairs.

That doorbell is way too loud - and here's no way I'm getting the door right now, so I choose to ignore it, hoping my parents have heard it as well. But of course they are too busy filling the basement with boxes, so it's all down to me.

It rings again.

Are you kidding me?

 ___________________________________

Please add to library/reading list,
vote and
comment