Chapter 10: Confrontation

My next class I just want to get over with. I pick a seat at the windows, as I am just going to have my eyes pinned to the trees out there throughout the entire 90 minutes anyways.

My mind is going crazy. I don't know what to think about Zayn anymore. I mean should I judge him? I know I shouldn't since they could just be rumors, but how could I not - this is sort of serious. Should I be straight out scared of him and avoid him? I have no idea what to do, and no idea how I will react the next time I see him. 

I had hoped to sit alone today - with my crazy thoughts and all - but the pretty blonde girl who sat with the boys yesterday, takes the empty seat next to me.

She gives me an energetic smile, that makes me question if she has had too much sugar. 
She literally reminds me of cotton candy! Her hair is blonde - almost white, and her lip gloss and her sweater is pink along with her gum.

"Hi Zou!" She says even more energetic, like if we were best friends. She even uses my the nickname my brother uses. Weird.
I like this girl already. 

"Hi!...?" I say, but I really cannot remember her name. 

She doesn't seem to mind.

"Tamara," she says with a shrug and place her maths book in front of her on the table.

I look around at the other students, and I see no one else I recognize. 

No Zayn.

I didn't even know that I was looking for him, and neither do I know whether to feel disappointed or happy that we don't share another class.

"Thank god, you are on my maths team! I would have been such a loner," Tamara says to me, and I agree with her. So would I, I guess.

I decide to delete Zayn from my mind until this class is over, and I can get back home, so I just chat with Tamara for most of the lesson. 

She is a real sweetheart in that innocent, naive -, rich girl way. She really isn't that clever, and I have to help her out all the time. Which does not bother me at all though. Fashion and nails - and all that - is more her thing I guess. 

**

In the hallway I see Zayn with his friends, standing by the lockers. They are showing him something on their phones and they are all laughing. Zayn notices me as I grab my bag from my own locker. He doesn't say anything, he just stops laughing, while his friends look at me in confusion.

I look down and make it to the exit and continue walking.

I make it 10 meters down before feeling a pull in my arm, making me turn around.

"Hey,"
It's Zayn.

"Hey," I say avoiding to make eye contact by looking straight forward, as I keep walking in a fast pace.

"What's the rush for? You have to be somewhere?" he looks in the same direction as me to see what I'm looking at, his hand still gently wrapped around my arm. 

I brush it off me. I don't know how I should act around him right now. I don't know if anything has changed. 

"Hey..?," he puts his hands on my shoulders, forcing me to stop walking, and hold me there until I look into his eyes.

His hands feel big and warm on my shoulders, and I cringe under his touch. I can feel the pounding of my heartbeat speed up.

"Did I do something wrong?" he frowns, trying to pull an answer out of me.

"No," I break eye contact again and take a step back. Why does he have to get so close, so intense. Besides we have only known each other for a little more than a week, why does he care?

He lets go of me, looking sadly down at his shoes for a moment.

- "I've heard some talk about you," I say and his facial expression changes and his eyes goes strangely hard. Oh.

He looks over his shoulder to make sure no one is watching us, and then he grabs my arm, making me stumble back up against the nearest wall. I feel the cold, hard brick wall against my back. 

His hands are resting on the wall on either side of my head for a moment.
I can't move without crashing into his chest making me feel sort of trapped, and I can feel his body heat and his hot breath on my face, making my heart race. 
A shiver runs down my spine. He scares me, but at the same time he is god damn sexy.

I just stare into his eyes, his hard yet somehow vulnerable and really beautiful eyes.

"Who have you talked to?" he asks rather calmly. But how does he even expect me to answer this when he's literally crushing me up against a fucking wall?

He must realize this, because he takes a small step backwards, giving me more space, looking a bit ashamed for a moment. I don't think he meant to attack me like that.

"So is it true?" I ask, trying not to look at his nicely shaped lips, while the bottom one trapped between his teeth before he speaks again.

"What exactly?" he flexes his jaw, as he avoid eye contact, his eyes glancing at the brick wall behind me instead.

"What people are saying. You killed some guy?" I ask, since he seems to have calmed down a bit, he seems just ashamed now.

He frowns, and then punches the wall with his right fist, startling me. I guess not then.
It's bleeding slightly, but he just stares at it, examining the damage and spits over his shoulder. 

"It's not as simple as it sounds.. sometimes you just get in.. too deep," he shrugs, looking down making it impossible to tell what's going through his mind. 

Sensitive subject for sure.

_______________________

xX

My gaawd wrote these first chapters like a year ago and they are so lame it's so embarrassing..!!! hahahah!!