Chapter 29: Deserved it

ATTENTION!! I've looked at the stats and noticed that many of you have skipped the last chapter (chapter 28), so if you did, you would probably wanna read it :)

SHIT 40k reads!? THANK YOU!!

Tho I wont be updating the next few days, 'cause I'm going to London YAY! (Fourth time xD )

Enojy this (unfortunately) short chapter  xX

______________________________

 Zayn's POV

She blushes when her eyes meet mine across the hallway. She shouldn't be the one to feel embarrassed. I walk up to her, standing by her locker, shifting her weigh uncomfortably from one foot to the other. I reach out for her arm, not hard, I just wanna touch her, and make sure she doesn't turn her back on me and walk away.

She cringes and strays away, but in a discreet way as if she doesn't wanna hurt me - even though she doesn't want me to touch her. I don't reach out for her again but let her keep a distance of a meter

She picks at her nails nervously, and I get a peek of a rather purple bruise on her wrist, before she quickly covers it up with her sleeve. Shit

- "Can we talk?" I ask carefully.
The hallway starts to get crowded as more and more students start making their ways to their lockers. Maybe it's not the best time to talk.
She doesn't say anything.

- "Did you get my messages?" I try again. 

- "Yeah," she says, only just audible. 

- "Come to my place later maybe, I'm home alone? Please?" I suggest, trying to catch her distant eyes. "I wont even touch you, I promise I just wanna talk," I can't help but grin and I catch her trying to hide one as well. It calms me that my charm still has an effect on her. She hasn't gone completely cold for me.

Just as she leaves for class, I turn around and I see Harry's tall frame nearing me. He looks pretty torn up, his dark eyebrows hanging low in a scowl. Before I can even react, his hard fist collides with my jaw, the impact making my head fly to the side, making me stumble backwards into the lockers behind me. 

- "Fuck!" I groan cupping my burning jaw, and shield my face with my other arm in case he isn't done.
The ever so behaved boy looks at me bewildered and confused and angry at once and then walks away without a word. 

I think if it wasn't Harry, I would have definitely returned a punch or two. - Or if it wasn't because I deserved it.

I look around and notice that all eyes are on me, including the ones belonging to my friends further down the hallway. Recovering from the burning pain, I confidently shrug and leave for class. I resist yelling some stupid threat after him, or just a simple comeback.

**

Zoe's POV

It's evening when I decide to go to Zayn's place anyway. I had planned on not to, but now I can't think of a reason not to at least see what he has to say. 

Nobody answers their white rather modern looking door when I ring the doorbell. I'm sure he's home though, he texted me that 'he's home all day in case I wanted to talk'. I try several times, before trying the door handle. The door is unlocked.

Feeling slightly like a burglar, I enter the house.
Why didn't I text him to say I'm coming?

Now I get why he didn't answer to door, a wall of music blasts through the entire house, making me squirm. As I enter the living room, a shirtless Zayn appears from the kitchen drinking from a bottle of water in his hand. His wearing nothing but sweatpants, and the dark tattoos illuminates on his pale naked skin. 

He looks sweaty and his dark soft hair sticks to his temples, suggesting he's been doing some workouts or has been out for a run. 

I stand leaning against the wall for a moment, admiring the way his back muscles ripple when he moves. I can't help it. He doesn't have bulging muscles, but his body is lean and ripped. He looks light and fast. And beyond sexy.

I clear my throat, and he turns around with a frown, but his facial expression changes into pure surprise when he sees me. He grabs some kind of  remote and turns off the music. 

- "You left the door unlocked," I say.

_______________________________

Please vote plspls

Btw I've been thinking about the cover. Do you like it, or should I make a different one??