Chapter 11: We need to talk

Thanks for the votes so far :)x

_______________________

I had let Zayn drive me home. He didn't say a single word and neither did I. 
I keep thinking about things I could have said, but they all suck.

I mean what the fuck do you say when you realize you're sitting in a car with.. well a criminal? - a really hot one.

My parents aren't home yet, but Lucas is running around in the garden with the Malik kid. Great. 
I wonder if he knows about what Zayn has done. 

I walk up to my room, sit in my bed and try and finish the book I'm currently reading.

Zayn is in my head the entire time, and I can't concentrate on reading.
I put the book down with a sigh and stare out in the air for a moment rubbing my temples.

Since when did my life become this complicated? I just started school less than two weeks ago!

Things would be so much easier if he wasn't so attractive, and if he didn't make my heart beat double speed whenever he's near. If I could just hate him like others seem to, but it's so damn hard.

I just can't seem to get him out of my head, all these stupid questions appearing out of nowhere

Why does he even care for me? Is he mad at me? What is he doing right now? Is he thinking about me?

And last but not least: How and did he do it? Did he even do it? Was it self defense? I must have been.
All these random thoughts run through my head and it makes me feel weak. I feel like one of those girls in movies who are hopelessly in love.

**

A couple of hours later, I hear the doorbell ring. Better not be the kids playing games.

It's Zayn. He has his usual serious face on, and I notice that a strand of his hair has left the quiff for once, making him seem less put together, but just as handsome.

- "Can I come in?" He asks, only sounding slightly insecure.

- "Uh. Yea,"
I hesitate but let him in. 

We hear screams and yelling from the garden, and Zayn narrows his dark brows. 
- "Is Jawaad here?" He looks surprised.

- "Yea? You didn't come to pick him up?" I ask, trying not to sound too hopeful. I don't want him to think I'm judging him.

- "No.. I came to speak to you, we need to talk," he looks at me with his gorgeous eyes and I get lost in them for a second. 

The kids have come inside and they look from Zayn to me and then at each other. 
- "I don't wanna go home yet," Jawaad complains.

- "No. Uh, I" Zayn manages to say before Lucas interrupts him: "Is it true that the police once put you in hand cuffs?" he looks at Zayn with big eyes, they way a person would look at their biggest idol.