27- You're What?

PICTURE OF JACE ON THE SIDE>>>>>>>> (His eyes should be brown though)

"As Alpha of the blue moon pack I request meeting of the high council" Jace's face is cold and voice is stern. We are standing in the house of the council. The place Jace showed me in his memories, the first time he came to my house.

Now we are actually here in front of five men with black robes that cover their faces. My palms are sweaty and I keep staring at the floor. They are the most intimidating people I have ever met in my entire lives and I can't even see their faces.

"What do you desire?" A raspy man voice asks through the darkness of the hood. i let out an unheard gasp as Jace leaves my side. My first guess as to where I would be after my mate became alpha and defeated an enemy pack, I would definitely not say here. We spent two days of just laying in bed and talking. Now we are here. I think Jace takes work before play a little too seriously.

"What is this?" The middle one asks picking up the piece of wrinkled paper and the silver leaf. I have no clue what is written on the paper or what the leaf means. All I know is two people barged into my room at 2 am to give it to Jace. I asked what it was but he never answered.

"The original leaf, found in the forest of Sylas, and twenty signatures needed to overrule the first offering" Jace says with authority and confidence. I don't know what any of that meant but by the sound of gasps and the way the council recoils from the paper like acid, I would say it is a good thing for us.

"Why?" The council member on the far left asks Jace as he grabs the leaf.

"Your rule is cruel and I want it over. You took advantage of the moon goddess to create the first amendment. You are not our leader, you should not create our rules" Jace says firmly. The council members look back and forth at each other subtly.

"What do you suggest?" The member on the far right asks Jace as he interlocks his fingers. This is going so smoothly it is unbelievable. Maybe they are going to pull a lever out of nowhere and we will fall through the floor into a pit of poisonous snakes.

"We go back to the old system. Each Alpha decides the fate of their own pack" Jace says simply. Apparently that is how it was before someone requested to the moon goddess that there should be a group of leaders even more powerful than Alphas. I don't know who did it but whoever they are, they are stupid.

"Your wish is our command" One of the council members mutter in unison. Jace turns right around, grabs my hand, and leads me out of the room.

It is that simple? I thought there was going to be a huge fight, some kind of struggle at least? Maybe even a few swear words. Instead, Jace walks straight on up there and they just do what he says? Is Jace that popular or are they that weak?

"Why did they just do it?" I ask incredulously as he starts the car. Jace snickers p, pushing his foot harder on the gas. What's so funny?

"They are scared silly of an uprising. They were the cause of the War of Thomas. 104 werewolves died. The packs are not going to forgive that easily" Jace says now serious. It is true everyone is mad. The funeral was horrible. Most of the wolves had kids and large families. As Alpha, Jace had to give speeches and help a lot. It is mostly of the reason we stayed in bed so long.

Another awful event was when the council executed Thomas. He caused too many problems and wasn't worth the struggle. It is not the killing that bothered me. It was the fact, they made the whole pack watch, kids and all.

"Why are we here?" I ask as Jace pulls up into my parents' house. I haven't been here in months. Right now doesn't seem like the best moment to go. It does give me a sense of peace being here. Dad has fixed up the outside of the house nicely, and now the yellow paint is no longer peeling from the wood. The grass is cut and no longer dead, and the shutters are no longer hanging on to the windows for dear life.

"You haven't spent time with your family in months and neither have I. My Mom needs me" Jace smiles as I unbuckle myself. He's right I haven't really been with them in a while. His Mom also has not left the house since Jace's dad dies. All she does is sit at the window sill motionless. Jace has to practically force her to eat.

I close the car door and walk up the familiar path. I think both Chloe and Kameron are ere for the week. We are supposed to be at school but no werewolves are. I think after all that happened we deserve a week off.

The smell of pizza hits me in the face as soon as I step foot into the house. My family eats pizza way too much.

"Riley!" Ian yells, running down the stairs. I scoop him up into a giant hug and lead him into the kitchen. Kameron and Chloe are standing by the kitchen table and adding toppings to the uncooked pizza. I set Ian down quietly and sneak behind Kameron. I poke both sides of his waist hard and he lets out a girly scream.

"Damn it Riley" Kameron yelps flicking me on the side of my head. I laugh, sprinkling some more mushrooms on the pizza. Chloe turns around engulfing me in a monster hug. What's up with her?

"What's up with you?" I ask raising an eyebrow. She gives a worried expression and gestures me forward. I follow her out of the room ignoring Kameron's remark. She takes me up to her old room and sits on the bed. I raise my eyebrow still not knowing what she wants.

She digs under the bed producing a clear plastic bag with something in it. She hands it to me and my mouth drops open. As I stare at the two straight pink lines. My mind whirs, not quite able to comprehend what my eyes are seeing.

"Huh?" I blurt out even though I know exactly what those two straight lines mean. Chloe's eyes start water and tear drops splatter the plastic bag. She stares at the two pink lines even harder than I am. This has to be a joke.

"I'm pregnant" She cries, yanking her thumb. She always does that when she is sad or stressed. When she was younger her bio mom would hit her if she sucked her thumb. So every time she wanted to do it she would yank her thumb to stop herself. Now it has turned into something she does subconsciously to make herself feel better.

'You're what?" I yell jumping up from the bed even though I knew it before she said it. She is only 17! Nick is only 17! Didn't she ever learn to use protection? I knew this was going to happen! Right after I walked in on Nick and her at the party I knew it! Now I am going to be an aunt.

"Did you tell Nick?' I stutter, trying to regain control of my thoughts. All I can think about is how Chloe is going to get so fat!

"No. I'm going to tell him after Jace's birthday party" Chloe sighs, laying back on the bed. I go to lay next to her thinking about being an aunt.

"That is in a week though" I say thinking about the future. Wow, Jace's birthday is in a week. That means in a week he will announce me as his mate. That means is a week I will become Luna. That means in a week we will mate.

I'm not ready for this. Chloe is not ready for this. No one is ever ready for anything. But I guess that is just the way life is. You get thrown into things you are not ready for and hopefully you survive. Or maybe that is just part of being is werewolf. Whatever it is, I hope I survive this.

________________________________________________________

Hey guys! 2 chapters to go!

As I said before I will not write a sequel but I I may start a werewolf sometime in the future so stay followed for that :)