23- The Beginning

PICTURE OF KAMERON TO THE SIDE>>>>>>>>>>>

"I never get over the view" I sigh, staring out of the window of the tree house. It is the seventh time we have come up here but I still can't get over the view. That and the way Jace smiles up here is pure perfection. I sit back, snuggled in between Jace's legs. The sun is setting and birds are flying past the window.

I close my eyes breathing in the wonderful woodsy smell of Jace and the trees around us. There is only one day before the Red Lupei pack is supposed to come for Thomas so we are trying to spend quality time before things get bad.

'Do you really like it?' Jace asks putting his face in my neck. I sigh, nodding my head. I love it up here, who wouldn't. Although we don't get up here a lot since Justin brings Cassie up here all the time. 

"Then why don't you stay up here during the fight?" Jace whispers slowly. I turn around to face him a little angrily. I have been preparing for this for a month. I need to prove myself to the pack. In two months I will be there new Luna and right now they think I am a slut, I really need to step up my game.

"No way" I screech slapping his chest. A painful look crosses his face but I am not giving up on this. 

"I don't want you getting hurt" He says seriously. A twinkle shines in his eyes and a frown replaced his care free smile. This is so important to me; I have to be there. I just look at him until the frown slips from his face. He knows how important this is for my impression on the pack. I am petrified he is going to get hurt but I would never ask him to sit out. I know how important it is to me.

"Okay, it's just what if you get hurt. I would ne-" Jace sighs before I cut him off. I put my finger on his lips, silencing him. He worries too much. One of these days he is going to have a heart attack once he becomes alpha.

I get up pulling Jace from the tree house. I'm wearing crappy clothes so I jump off the ladder, changing in midair, tearing them to shreds. Jace follows suit and chases me through the forest. The sun beans off my fur and the leaves hit softly against my snout.

I lead Jace over to the stream we came to last week. I set up a picnic and we spent the day here. Unlike last time however, we stay in wolf form and sit under the sun. No words are spoken and we just lay around playing for hours until the sun sets. 

It has only been a couple of months since I met Jace but it feels like an eternity. I can't even imagine living without him anymore. His scent, his smile, his hair, his voice, everything about him is perfection. When I first found out about mates and him being mine I was more than worried, scared, and unhappy. Now I can't even remember what it felt like to be without him. And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

                                                                                       <~*~>

(Chloe's POV)

"Why don't we just get it over with?" Nick asks holding my hand. I blush a little looking away from him. God this guy is so damn thirsty. No matter what we are doing we end up making out or going farther than that. Don't get me wrong I enjoy it but after getting walked in on by a million people including my sister, it gets a little embarrassing.

"Wow that sounds romantic" I smile sarcastically getting up to sit on the window sill. Nick's logic is that we should just mate right now. He says there is no way to tell if he will even be alive a week from now. He has a point but it just seems so soon. I love Nick, I really do. It is just so scary to think about having kids in what a year! I mean I had no plans for college or anything but I am definitely not mom material. Without guidance I might accidentally feed them lighter fluid or Windex.