15- Party Part 1

PICTURE OF IAN ON THE SIDE>>>>>>>>>>

"So I am going to pick you up at 7:30" Cassie smiles giving us a goodbye hug. It's an hour after school ends. We were hanging out in the nuclear shelter for pretty much the whole time. It keeps getting cooler and cooler each time we go down there, they just recently added an air hockey machine. I still don't get how a pimped out war shelter for high school werewolves is possible. 

"Okay sure thanks" Chloe yells after Cassie. We start to walk home, since Kameron didn't pick us up. It isn't a long walk but the ground is so muddy and filled with insects.

Cassie is taking us to the party later. We would ask Kameron but he would rat us out faster than you can say "not fair". And for obvious reasons we can't ask Mom and Dad to take us to an unsupervised werewolf party with underage drinking and other illegal practices. 

We walk back silently on the path near the forest line. The smell of werewolf is thick in the air, making my wolf beg for release. I haven't let her out in two days. She gets so grumpy in there it is almost too much, especially when I'm not near Jace.

"Do you mind if I go take a run?" I ask Chloe. We are five minutes from home and if I don't let her out, she will whine all day. 

"No, it's fine" She says picking a leaf out of her hair. She seems to be thinking about something hard and we weren't talking anyway. She's probably thinking about Nick or the party tonight. She has obviously forgotten about her ex-boyfriend Austin in exchange for Nick. They weren't that serious anyway more like flirty friends. 

I take off my shoes, Jacket and socks. It is way too cold to take off everything. My shirt and jeans are pretty crappy anyway. Chloe watches silently, folding her arms. I think she's pretty cool with the idea of werewolves but the only time she ever saw one it bit was a little...traumatic.

I think of what Jace said "imagine how it feels to be a wolf". My body starts to quiver and shake as the warmth spreads up my spine. The feeling of hair growing along all over is still uncomfortable. Faster than before, I shoot to the ground into the huge wolf.

I look at Chloe, making sure she's okay. She gives the little thumbs up sign and shakily comes to my side. The smell of werewolf gets even stronger with the heightened sense of smell. There must be people outside the pack house.

Chloe's hand rubs the fur on top of my head like a dog. I let out a wolfy laugh pushing her away and to the ground. Her face is priceless as she smashes into the mud. Her blonde hair is flecked with leaves and muddy grass, and her clothes are a mess. Ha, I am so going to pay for that later. I stick out my tongue, running into the forest.

It is so peaceful running in wolf form. I push myself faster and faster until my surroundings are just a blur. Somehow I dodge everything without thinking about it. This must burn off so many calories. No wonder all the werewolves are so fit.

"That's right we're fit!" Lao's voice echoes through my head. I jump, stopping and rolling right into a tree. It is so weird to have someone's voice in my head. I am sort of used to Jace but not really. I still haven't figured out what thoughts they can and can't hear. I shake off all the leaves, wincing a little in pain. Running into a tree is more painful than you would imagine.

"Hey guys" I think, starting to run again. I have passed my house twice already but still should be back before Chloe. Hopefully she will bring home my shoes, and jacket.

"Hey Kendall" Lucas jokes through the link. He is the first person to call me Kendall. He does it so much some freshman started to think it was my first name. I hit the corner again and my house comes back into view. Ian is sitting in the backyard probably playing with worms.