20- Noah

"Why hello there" Someone appears from the treeline. What looks like a half of a pack falls behind him in silence. Half of the wolves up front are covered in blood and look pretty beaten up. The leader looks to be about our age with dark brown hair and a face that just screams evil. It might just be the situation but he reminds me of a vampire from Twilight.

Jace tenses up next to me sniffing the air. I haven't yet mastered the whole werewolf scent thing so I have no idea what he is smelling. Whatever it is though, it isn't good.

"Hey" Jace smiles sarcastically. The stranger lets out a little laugh, seemingly pleased with our confusion and edginess. His grey eyes seem to judge Jace and they seem to be pleased. Jace and him are both the same size and have around the same amount of muscle. In a fight there is no telling who would win.

I look through the trees around us. We are surrounded by about 30 wolves. Nick is slightly away from everyone else guarding the tree that Chloe waits in. Everyone else is in a semi-circle waiting for anything to happen. My eyes drift back to the handsome stranger who seems to be dripping with joy, he even seems to be enjoying himself. While everyone else here is wary as to why they are here all of a sudden.

"Hi. Well I guess I'll start with introductions "The stranger smiles leaning against one of the trees. Jace rolls his eyes impatiently. This guy knows how to set an atmosphere. It is obvious he wants to be as dramatic as possible and piss us off as much as he can. Judging by Jace's stiff muscles the stranger is getting what he wanted.

"Well my name is Noah. I am 17, I like ponies, and rainbows. Oh and let's see... Oh yeah, I am from the Red Lupei pack" He smiles chuckling a bit. Everyone from our group reacts. Jace swears, Jacob and Lucas growl, and Cassie gasps. I have no idea what is so shocking about that pack. Noah smile grows at the reaction from us. Jace pushes me further behind him, stepping towards Noah and their pack. I don't know what he is trying to do but right now is not the time to be a big macho alpha against a pack way bigger than the people standing here. That's how big macho alphas get their big macho asses kicked.

"You are not supposed to be here. You better have a good reason for breaking the treaty" Jace snarls. Both Lucas and Jacob go behind Jace facing the other pack. Tension can practically be felt in the air. Something must have happened between our pack and theirs to have a treaty.

Why is my life always like a movie? Treaties? Packs? All this stuff is not real life. An hour ago I was so happy with my life. That feeling has completely washed away now.

"Such big words for someone who not only cannot control their own family but cannot even handle taking care of the one thing your pack cares about most" Noah laughs condescendingly at Jace. Jace's face loses all color in an instant. Everyone exchanges worried looks. This is why it sucks being a new pack member. I have no idea at all what Noah is talking about.

"What are you talking about?" Jace sneers disbelieving. Noah laughs a loud enjoying knowing more than Jace. From the trees all the wolves behind Noah part and two wolves drag along another. The wolves bring the injured one directly to the front of Jace's feet. The injured wolf is bleeding so much it is hard to tell where it came from. Instantly Jace's face freezes. He looks like he is trying not to freak out and stay strong. It must be someone close to him but like I said before I can't tell yet from the scent.

"Miles" Jace breathes out. Miles... I stare down at the bleeding wolf. He is completely unconscious and breathing way too slowly. He can't be dying, can he? I don't exactly know Miles very well but it would still hurt not to have him around. Jace would definitely be a mess, as much as he pretends not to he loves Miles.

A wolf from the other pack walks over to Noah and nudges his leg. Noah seems to take that as a signal to leave. He stands up from his leaning position on the tree as the rest of the wolves behind him retreat. He doesn't leave though. He stands where he is almost staring down Jace. The only movement comes from the wolves behind us as they move in even closer.