11- Over

Jace's POV 

"So what do you think?" I ask Riley, keeping my eyes on the road. I volunteered to drive Riley and Chloe to school. Hopefully no one noticed what I was wearing yesterday because I am wearing the same thing.

I just announced the plan of having Riley as my girlfriend. It is the best thing I could come up with on the spot.

"So you want me to pretend to be your fuckbuddy?" Riley whispers just loud enough that I can hear. I knew she wasn't going to like it. Instead of answering I gaze out of the window watching the greenery flash past. With all the forests and wide open spaces, Torchwood is a great place for a werewolf.

"Not exactly. But that is the kind of girl I used to go for." I whisper back. I glance quickly at her. Her face is scrunched up in thought. It seems her whole family has the habit of doing that. 

"Used to" She says to herself. I take my hand off of the wheel to put it in hers. If she doesn't agree to this I don't know what we are going to do.

Everything has gone by so fast. We just found out about being mates yesterday and I already can't get her off my mind. The way she twirls her hair around her fingers when she is thinking, her gorgeous green eyes, and her scent. Her scent is the best thing I have ever smelled in my entire life. I can't wait until I mark her and her scent is mixed with mine.

"Okay" She sighs as we pull into the school parking lot. Already everyone is looking at us. Either because I am the future alpha or because I have the best car in the entire lot. Either way rumors are going to spread as I get out of the car with Riley.

"Are you sure?" I ask her. I don't want her to do anything she doesn't want to. She smiles and nods before getting out of the car to talk to Chloe. 

I need to get to Natalie before she hears some horrible rumor about Riley and I. She may be a bitchy slut but she does deserve to be broken up with in a descent way.

"See you in lunch" I smile at Chloe and Riley. I have first period with Lucas and Natalie, hopefully I can set things straight with everyone.

"Jace wait up!" Someone yells as I walk down the hallway. My locker is in the green section where all the sophomore hang out. It is probably Miles who is calling me. He is the only sophomore I associate with.

"Hey Jace" Miles gasps as he catches up to me. Miles is my cousin who always finds a new way to annoy me. Surprisingly he looks nothing like me even though our moms are practically identical. Where I have brown hair and eyes, he has sea blue eyes and is as scrawny as possible for a werewolf.

"What's up Miles" I grumble opening my locker. Miles never seems to get when I don't want to talk to him. He always follows me around school like a trained dog.

"I heard you found your mate" Miles gasps still trying to catch his breath. My breathing stops as my mind blurs. I did everything possible to squash those rumors yesterday. It isn't safe for Riley if people still think we are mates.

I drop the last book in my bag carelessly while grabbing Miles by his hoodie. I push him up against the lockers and rip off his beats headphones, which are usually draped around his neck.

"Who told you that?" I snarl just quiet enough for him and the werewolves passing by to hear. Might as well teach everyone a lesson while I'm at it.

"No one, no one, I just assumed" Miles stutters dragging his hand through his hair. That is the one and only thing we do that is similar.

"Well that bitch is not my mate" I snarl again throwing Miles to the ground. He might be my cousin but that doesn't mean he gets any special treatment. I grab my bag from the floor walking away as everyone stares. 

Hopefully the werewolves there will spread it around. The last thing I need is more people to beat the suspicion out of. 

Finally I make it to Spanish. Because of Miles I am late, something Señora Tucci doesn't forget about. I take my usual seat between Lucas and Natalie. Trying to read what the board says about a school field trip. 

For a werewolf I have terrible vision. Fortunately I make it up with my hearing. I could hear a cotton ball hit grass at a mile away. 

Natalie leans in for a kiss as soon as Señora Tucci turns around. My wolf growls in disgust as soon as our lips touch. I wonder how it would feel to kiss Riley, we only had a tiny kiss once. Hopefully it will be better than this. Natalie's touch is literally making me sick. I push her back gently, not able to take it anymore.

She raises an eyebrow trying to look seductively at me. All it does is strengthen the feeling of last night's hamburger coming back up.

"What baby?" She whispers giving me the pouty face. That used to work on me but now all I can picture is Riley's face last night while she was sleeping. A face I want to wake up to every morning.

"I have something to tell you" I say as quickly and quietly at possible. Believe it or not my relationship with Natalie is my longest relationship, even though we cheated on each other about a thousand times. Our one year anniversary is actually next month. I almost feel bad breaking up with her.

"What?" Natalie snaps probably sensing I am going to say something bad. I can almost feel every werewolf in the class listening in. Even Señora Tucci keeps glancing our way.

I look around the classroom from the white board to the computers, trying to think of the right words. Of course nothing good comes to mind. I never have been good at preserving other's feelings or expressing my own. 

"I'm breaking up with you" I sigh dragging out the words. Natalie's face goes from curious to fury in the blink of an eye. Everyone including Señora Tucci stops what they are doing to look at us. 

"What!?" Natalie shrieks jumping to her high heeled feet. If I wasn't afraid for my safety this would be funny. She looks like Barbie who is currently losing her Ken. Except I am way hotter than Ken.

"It's about that new girl slut isn't it" She spits out with rage in her eyes. My wolf shrieks to rip out her throat for insulting our mate but that would blow our cover. Instead I smirk like a giant Jackass.

"Yeah! She's hot" I smirk being a total jerk. Everyone is going to hate me after this. Natalie's eyes shift from blue to yellow in a flash. She comes even closer and slaps me right in the face. Lucas "oohs" from behind me, while everyone else stares in silence.

"Well when she won't put out don't come crying back to me" She huffs
grabbing her bag and runs out of the classroom. Everyone's eyes stay on me. I admit, I feel horrible but it had to be done.

"Dude that was dirty" A human breaks the silence from across the room. I don't know what he is complaining about, at least Natalie is single now.

"Shut up" I growl grabbing my backpack off of the yellow floor. For some reason I can't deal with this. I need Riley, I don't know what for but I need Riley. 

I run out of the room ignoring Señora Tucci's calls to come back. I need to get Riley, and I know exactly where to take her.

___________________________________________________________________________

How did you like the chapter? Where do you think Jace is going to take Riley? I hope you guys like where I am taking the story, and feedback is welcomed! Again, thanks for reading, I really appreciate it.