24- Of The End

The moon beams on my fur once again as we run through the night toward the pack house. Cassie, Kameron, Jace, and my dad take the lead as the pack house comes into sight. Apparently the red Lupei pack are on the border and killed two of the patrol wolves. They haven't crossed the border yet but are looking for a way through.

Jace stops abruptly in front of the large crowd of wolves huddled around Alpha Sommers. Jace, Jacob, Kameron and Lucas make their way to the front, ready to receive their orders. I follow Cassie, Lao, and Nick over to the group we will be fighting with. Dad stands next to Alpha Sommers and Mom takes Chloe and Ian inside the pack house. 

Chloe looks around a sad expression on her face. This is the one thing she can't do, be a werewolf and fight with the pack. For some reason that fact brings a bubble of joy to my chest. Why am I so jealous of Chloe lately? 

Jace's dad barks orders at each division of the pack. I look around at the sea of wolves I don't know the name of. it has become easier to tell who someone is just by looking at their wolves eyes. Some people I recognize from school, others from the pack house, and others are a mystery. How am I ever going to be a good Luna if I don't even know the pack. I need to work on that after all this is over with. 

Alpha Sommers barks out one last order and the pack goes into motion. Jace, Jacob, Kameron, and Lucas start leading our group to a spot in between both of the pack houses. It is our job to make sure no one gets inside or near the house. 

I trot beside Miles and one of his friends. The sky is pitch black but is slowly getting lighter. It must be about 4 o'clock in the morning. If I knew the Red Lupei's were coming today I would never have tried to pull that stupid all nighter. Hopefully I don't fall asleep while trying to bite some enemy wolf.

"There is supposed to be at least 50 rogues and at least 50 Red Lupeis. We are so dead" Miles' friend states almost matter of factly. Our side has about 200 wolves fighting but the Red Lupeis supposedly trained their entire lives for this. Apparently the pack goal has been to get Thomas back since he was taken all those years ago.

'Is Thomas really worth all this trouble?" I ask as we stop in a little clearing in between both pack houses. The view from each of the houses is clear and we are in front of where the Red Lupeis are supposed to come from if they try and attack the pack houses. 

"Apperantly he is the moon goddess's chosen one ad will lead all werewolves to take over the humans" Miles sighs sarcastically. Werewolves leading the world... It isn't that hard to imagine werewolves ruling humans. Of course I don't want that to happen but it might be nice to come out of hiding.

"It's all a load of crap though. I'm not even sure the moon goddess is real. We could just be a freak of na-" Miles's friend cuts off mid-sentence with a gurgle. I spin around to see why he stopped. A scream echoes through my head as I stare at what used to be a 16 year old boy. But what now is a lifeless bloody heap on the forest floor.

Everything moves at once moves around me as I stand still. Voices, howls, screams, everything fill my ears as I say nothing. Blood, iron, werewolves, and every smell imaginable floats around me but I smell nothing. Everything just stops as I stand staring at the dead corpse of what used to be someone. A son, a mate, a future father. Now he is nothing. I knew people would die here but I never knew it would feel this real. How are the others going on? This was Miles friend but Miles is not crying on the floor, he is biting the neck of some Red Lupei wolf.

"Riley It's okay. It's okay" Kameron's voice resounds through my head, snapping me out of it. I look around taking in all the fighting around me. It is surprising no one has killed me yet, with all the time i have been sitting here staring at Miles's friend. Come to think of it, no one has touched me yet.