21- Hospital

PICTURE OF LAO/NICK TO THE SIDE>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Riley?"

"He said she should be waking up by now"

"Calm down, she's only been here a half hour"

Two voices wake me up from what felt like a long deep sleep. My head is pounding and my side feels like someone ripped out my stomach without surgery. As to why I feel like I am an inch away from death is a mystery. I can't even remember where I am right now. I would open my eyes to answer those questions but it feels like there is a five pound weight on each eyelid.

"Riley come on" One of the voices says. It must be Jace because a sparkling feeling zips up my spine. A beeping noise, that until now I was ignoring, starts to go faster. It must be a heart monitor since my heart is racing. Oh god I must be in a hospital, but what happened?  

I try and lift my eyelids up and fail. I try again using all of my available strength.  Yep, I am in a hospital. One with al light blue walls, medical equipment, and about twenty beds lining the walls. This is the pack hospital. Now that I am a werewolf I can't go to a regular hospital. Not only is my body temperature off the charts, but my whole body is abnormal.

From my bed, the beds of others are visible. Chloe, Lao, Lucas, and Jacob are all in beds with people surrounding them. Chloe and Lao are unconscious but Jacob and Lucas are talking to Nick and Cassie. 

"Oh my god Riley" Jace sighs next to me. His face is lost of all emotion and his clothes are covered with blood. Next to him is Kameron who isn't covered with blood, but does have blood stains on him. Maybe I don't want to know what happened... Well maybe I do.

"What happened?" My voice comes out in a croak and the taste of blood is fowl in my mouth. I must have been so messed up. I stare down at my side. It is entirely bandaged and still spots of blood are peeking through. 

"Point Place, big fight, the Red Lupei pack" Kameron says expecting me to know what he is talking about. I remember going to Point Place but everything else is hazy. What happened? What...

Oh my god, yeah! Noah coming out of nowhere, Chloe falling out of the tree, Noah talking about his leader, and that damn wolf biting me in my side. All the memories flood back at once like someone flipped a switch. No wonder Chloe, Lao, and Jacob are in the beds, they were the worst off during the fight.

How did I get to the hospital? What happened back here?  Oh my gosh, how is Miles? All the questions replace the confusion in my mind.

"What happened back here? Who is his leader? How is Miles" I ask really fast. A cheeky smile spreads across Jace's face until the mention of Miles. Oh god does that mean he's not okay? I look around again at the beds, he isn't there. That could be a good or really bad sign.

"I would like to know that too" The raspy voice of Lao calls out from the other side of the room. Nick jumps up from his position at Chloe's bedside to where Lao is struggling to sit up. He has a bandage around his head but besides that he looks alright, probably due to werewolf healing.

"Just do this" Kameron suggests beginning to push my bed and everything hooked up to me to the middle of the room. Cassie, Nick, Lucas and Jace get the hint and bring all of us in the beds into a giant circle. Lao is now all the way up and talking, Jacob is awake but uncharacteristically not talking much, and Chloe is still passed out. Finally Jace tells everyone to shut up and makes his way to the center of the circle.

"Okay guys. we kind of eavesdropped on the leader meeting' Jace smiles pointing at Kameron. The leader meeting is a meeting with all of the pack's leaders like Jace's Dad, Lao and Nick's Dad, and everyone else's parents here.  Usually these meetings are top secret, I have no clue how they were able to eavesdrop.