08- Jaley

"So that's all he said?" Chloe asks chewing a strawberry. I told her what Jace said about the council, and him being my mate. Well all I could seeing as he hardly said anything. What he did say though kept me from telling everyone he's my mate on the way home.

"Yeah, he's coming to my room later to tell me more" I say smiling. Every time I think about him I smile. Just saying his name sends shivers down my spine. It's weird feeling this way about a stranger. Because in reality I don't even know how old Jace is! We know nothing about each other except the fact that we're mates.

"Jaley" Chloe randomly says picking a flower out of the garden. We are sitting by the garden and close to the woods. I can smell wolf everywhere back here.

"What?!" I ask bewildered. She laughs raising her eyebrows expectantly.

Oh Jaley! As in Riley+Jace, Jaley. That sounds kinda cute, unlike most couple names.

" So what's it like having a mate?" She asks flicking away a passing bee. Instantly my wolf thinks of all the adjectives that describe Jace and being his mate. 

Lately she has been becoming more active since she first talked earlier today. Mostly she talks about Jace or pleads to come out. Honestly i'm afraid to change into a wolf again. Cassie told me how to control it but the idea still scares me. So now my wolf is in there complaining about claustrophobia and what not. For an animal she is rather sarcastic.

"I don't know, I only just found out three hours ago" I sigh shrugging. Only three hours ago I hated Jace, he seemed like a jerk wad. Now I can't even imagine hating him even though really nothing has changed. He is still the same guy who kidnapped my brother and hated me for no reason. But now I feel like all that doesn't matter even though it actually does.

"Riley Chloe dinner time" Mom yells out of the kitchen window. With my new hearing it sounds like she is standing right next to me. And my new sense of smell detects pizza, Yumm.

We start walking back to the house in silence. But a good silence since I have so much to think about. About the mysterious council that is haunting my thoughts. About my semi annoying wolf. And about the handsome guy who is coming into my bedroom tonight. Wow that is a weird list.

Jace's POV

"Man that sucks" Jacob sighs through our mind link. We are using the command link so only my wolves in command can hear.

We are running in wolf form through the forest in back of the pack house. I just told Jacob and Lucas about Riley being my mate. 

It's almost time for me to go see her so i'm running off some steam. It's been hectic since we talked earlier. I had to spread some rumor to cover up what happened in the cafeteria. And I had to be extra affectionate to Natalie who is making my wolf sick. Being with her now makes my skin crawl in disgust. Now that I have found Riley with her brown hair and green eyes, Natalie with her blonde hair and blue eyes does nothing for me. Kissing her is like kissing a dog, disgusting. 

"Yeah, I won't let the council touch her" I growl through the mind link. If the council found out before I become Alpha, they would enforce Pre Alpha Law. Which is basically training for me to be a better Alpha. They would repeatedly torture Riley in front of me until I could learn to control my anger and wolf. Sometimes both mates will die in the process. 

That's only one of the Pre Alpha laws but the most common one to be done. It doesn't matter though because they won't find out before I become alpha. When they do find out after I am alpha, they will enforce post Alpha laws. Which are a lot of laws to make us a more powerful leading couple. Like we have to mate within three months, I have to mark her within a month, and we have to have pups at a maximum of two years after graduating highschool.

For a regular couple it is one year after high school for pups, for betas and omegas it is a year and a half. Both betas and omegas have laws too. They are the same as Alpha laws but a little different and less severe.

"I feel for you. When the council found out about Cassie we had to go through training for two months" Lucas says through the mind link. I remember that, Lucas almost died. It was awful for the whole pack. And since Lucas is an omega a year and a half after he and Cassie graduate high school they have to have pups. His parents are already preparing for it. 

"Sorry about that man" Jacob says towards Lucas. Jacob's brown wolf speeds up so it's side by side with me. Jokingly I push him into a tree and speed up. My alpha speed should be more than Jacob's beta speed but Jacob is really fast. 

Riley's scent starts getting stronger and stronger. We are getting closer to her house and it's almost time to go in. My wolf yelps joyfully at the thought of being with our mate again.

Her house comes into view a couple yards away. All the lights are off except one room.

"Good luck" Jacob says before turning around. Lucas's tan wolf comes galloping to a halt next to me. He is panting heavily and his tongue is lolling out.

"Yeah dude, don't mess up. Like don't kill her hamster" Lucas laughs. I shove him beginning to walk to the window. You kill a girl's hamster one time and you never get to forget it!

Okay so I'm going to have to jump up in wolf form but change in midair. It's gonna be kinda hard but I can do it. I jump up changing to human right before jumping into her window. My shoulder gets scratched against the window pane but it should be healed in five minutes.

Riley is laying on her bed with a book. The moon reflects off of her skin making her look like a goddess. I am so lucky to have a mate like her. My wolf howls in excitement and lust.

She looks up at me blushing. She must be awkward seeing me naked. We are definitely going to have to change that.

"See something you like?" I smile winking at her. Luckily for her I tied my basketball shorts and T-shirt around my ankle. If you go into wolf form wearing your clothes they will shred instantly. So we tie everything to our legs. 

"You wish" She smirks purposely staring into my eyes. I slip my clothes on looking around her room. She has a lot of pictures of two guys. My wolf doesn't like it but my head knows they are probably just friends.

I turn back towards her. She is staring up at me looking expectant. I'm going to have to tell her everything. We also need to get to know each other since I don't even know her last name. This is going to be a weird night.

_____________________________________________________________________

60 votes 15 comments!

I hated it and it was a filler but you got to know more about the council! Who's POV do you want it to be in next? And if you guys have any questions you can inbox me!