[80] Family

>>>>Song of the Chap: Demons by Imagine Dragons. Love dis song>>>>

Chapter 80

As Gabe and Andy entered their hometown from their hospital visit in the city, they passed their small-time jail unit in time to see Dan storming from the building with an aura of violence surrounding him.

As Dan backed out and squealed off in te opposite direction, Andy looked at Gabe. “I want to see Josh.”

Gabe glanced at Andy. “I don’t think we should.”

“And why the hell not? I’m pretty sure Josh would appreciate our visit.”

Gabe came to an abrupt halt. “Are you fucking kidding me? Did you not just see Coach’s face right now?”

“So?” Andy looked Gabe straight in the eye. “Fuck what Josh shows. I know not to expect fucking rainbows and butterflies from him, but I’m thinking that him seeing us may make him...” Andy trailed off, unsure of how to finish his sentence.

“Make him what? Feel appreciated? I think you should know Josh a little better. He’s the type who’d rather be in his room than surrounded by his childhood buddies-”

“We’re still his fucking buddies! Now turn around or I’m fucking walking by myself!”

“Fuck stubborn ass-” Gabe cursed, but he was already pulling a U and heading back to their little jail.

“Bull-headed idiot-” Andy countered

“Fuck you!” Gabe yelled, but his anger wasn’t as intense as his voice was.

“Whatever.” Andy said, looking out the window.

Gabe pulled into the parking lot and cut the engine. Andy moved to get out of the car, but Gabe captured his wrist and pulled him back into the car, throwing him off balance. With is other hand, he grabbed Andy’s chin and pulled his face towards his own, and quickly placed a kiss on Andy’s unsuspecting lips. “Love you Babe,” he said and climbed out the car swiftly before he got an earful from the younger boy.

He entered the building in time to see Officer Fred sigh loudly as he closed the door to the holding cells.

Just then, Gabe heard the door behind him open with a bang and Andy came storming in. “Gabe I’m going to fucking kill...oh...uh, hi dad.”

Fred hadn’t noticed Gabe had entered until he heard his son’s explosive entrance. He was silent for a minute, first in surprise, and then quick calculation. “You guys...I’m going to need your help. I can buy you a little time, but probably not much without risking my job--who am I kidding, I’m risking my job by even thinking like this-”

“What are you talking about, Dad?” Andy questioned.

“Well, I need your help.” Fred said, more of a father than an officer at that moment. “You cannot tell anyone.”

Gabe looked at Fred, starting to understand what Fred was going to ask of him. “What do you need us to do?”

“Well...”

                                         *     *      *       *      *

Phil sat there for a good while after Dean left, his mind all over the place, thanks to the info Dean had brought. That he would forget someone who he felt so protective of that he would fight with Josh...man, that must have been one hell of some feelings, even for him. Serious, he was talking about Josh, the most violent of them, the most scariest of them. Hell, one glare from those icy bright eyes the color of lightning made him uneasy. To actually get into it with him?