Gabriel Reyes x Depressed Reader

Requested by PigzAtTheDisco and Propertyof76.

(B/F) best friend name

Your POV
You lay on your back and stare at the ceiling, listening to the rain as it fell from the sky. Sighing you roll over and look at your clock, 3:55 A.M. "Great." You groan, while sitting up. Grabbing a hoodie you leave your room. You walk down the empty  halls, each step echoing behind you. You roam the halls until you run into someone and fall onto your but, "(Y/N) what are doing up?" You look up to see Gabriel holding his hand out.  "Couldn't sleep." Taking his hand as he pulls you up. "Is it because of your last mission?" He asks, you feel a lump form your throat and your stomach tighten. "N-No." You choke, "It's nothing." You turn to leave but he grabbed your wrist. "Don't lie to me (Y/N)." Ripping your wrist his grasp you continued to walk. Gabriel followed you to the outside garden and sat next to you, and awkward silence lingeried til Gabriel broke the silence. "You can talk to me about it, you know that right?" You stayed quiet, "It wasn't your fault." "Yes it was." You choke, tears forming in your eyes, "If I hadn't been so careless then....(B/F) wouldn't have died." Gabriel pulls you into a warm embrace, he rocks you back and forth rubbing circles on you back. "It wasn't your fault (Y/N), you got scared it happens." You burry your face into his chest, Gabriel stroked you soft hair. "I would have died to save you." Gabriel picks up bridal style, "You need to sleep."

Timeskip

You lay quietly in bed, snuggling into Gabriel's chest. He brushed you (h/c) from your face, "(Y/N) are you still awake?" You nodd your head and yawn, your eyelids were to heavy to open and the warmth from Gabriel's body lulled you to sleep. He kissed your forehead and rested his chin on top of your head. The room was silent but was soon broken by the faint snores from you. He smiled, "Good night Mi amor." He yawned and pulled you closer, then slowly drifted to sleep with you craddled in his arms.

Sorry if it's too short...😅😅