Chapter 8

**Carter's POV**

Ryan is apparently back in the states, but he still hasn't talked to me since that night. I was right about Ryan. All he wanted was to get me in bed. I sighed and walked out to my car in the cool October air that Scranton always has at this time of year.  I drove to a coffee shop I always go to when I want a place from home to work. I began typing away on my laptop while sipping my hot coffee and snacking on a slice of banana bread.

"Carter? Is that you?"

I turned my head to look at the person talking, and I never expected it to be him.

**Ryan's POV**

It's been a crazy week. We flew to Australia and did some killer shows there, but now we're back in the states for yet another tour.

"Text Carter. At least." Ricky said handing me my phone

"She probably hates me."

"She's only going to hate you more the longer you put this off. Just text her and explain some things and say you wanna take her out for coffee or something when we get home."

I sighed and took my phone

To: Carter

Hey Carter....I'm sorry for not even attempting to call or text you. After our night together I went home and packed for tour and I haven't had time for anything other than work. I hope you can forgive me for being such a jerk and maybe I can take you out for dinner when I get home?

I sent the message and went back to my laptop.

"Do you think she'll reply?" Ricky asked

"Probably not, but hopefully. I think she's still at work so maybe when she gets off she'll reply."

"Just give her some time. If not just show up at her school with chocolate and flowers"

"Still trying to impress Carter?" Chris asked joining the conversation

"No. Just trying to get her to not hate me"

"I doubt she hates you, and if she does what does it matter? Y'all are just bed buddies anyway"

"No we aren't bed buddies we've only slept together once, and the fans think she's my new girlfriend"

"Why do they think that?" Ricky and Chris asked at the same time

I chuckled lightly "because I started following her on instagram, and she commented on one of my pictures"

Ricky and Chris both laughed "they have solid evidence don't they." Chris finally said

"Oh, yeah.  The best" I said sarcastically

"Well, if she doesn't text you back soon just forget about her. You can find a new bed buddy" Chris said leaving the room

"We are not bed buddies!!"

"Whatever you say,  Sitkowski!"

I shook my head and looked at Ricky who was giving me that 'yeah right. You two are totally bed buddies' look

"What!? We aren't it only happened one time!!"

Ricky put up his hands in defeat "ok, you win I believe you"

I looked down as my phone buzzed

New message from: Carter

Soooooo, what do you think Carter told Ryan? Also, who do you think Carter ran into at the coffee shop? ??