Chapter 2

**Carter's POV**

I just got home from the grocery store, and am cooking dinner

"Cupcake! Where are you pretty girl?" I called

Soon after I heard the little bell on her collar and she appeared

I put her food down for her and continued cooking for myself. I grabbed the squash to cut up and smiled remembering Ryan. I dont know why I keep thinking about this stranger. I embarrassed myself so bad in front of him. I'm lucky he even talked to me after that.

The next morning

I'm in my classroom setting up for the day.

"Carter! You should have went out with us last night! We had the best Italian food ever!" Tayler said walking into the room

"Aw, maybe next time. I made me some chicken and squash."

"That sounds good! You should have brought me some"

"I could always make some more"

"Yes! Do that and invite me and Kelly over"

I laughed "I'll have you two over very soon. I promise"

Kelly walked in a few minutes after and we told her about our future dinner plans.

"Oh, by the way I have to go do some training to do in Philadelphia next week so you guys will have a substitute"

"Oh, ok. Are you gonna go see your mom while your there?" Kelly asked

"Yeah, I'm actually staying with her and my dad while I'm there"

I'm really close with my parents. They moved to Philadelphia when my dad got his own law firm there.

"Well good luck on everything, Carter"

Our school day went well, just the usual preschool injuries.

"Ok, kiddos let's grab our backpacks and we'll take you to your bus or your parents"

I took my kids outside to wait for your parents.

"Miss. Carter?" One of the moms said

"Yes ma'am?"

"Molly was telling me yesterday that she was having a hard time keeping up with the other kids. Can we have a meeting together soon?"

"Oh, of course. I'll call you tomorrow with my schedule if that works for you?"

After all the kids were gone I met up with Kelly and Tayler in the class room.

"Kelly didn't even tell you she met some guy at the restaurant last night" Tayler said

"Really? Did she run over him with her cart?" I asked

"What? No! Carter did you run over someone with your cart?"

"Kinda? I mean it was a complete accident, and I was so embarrassed"

"Well hopefully you didn't hit a cute guy"

"I did! He was so cute."

"Did you find out his name? Carter! We need to find this boy!" Kelly said

"His name is Ryan. I don't know how last name."

"Great, Carter meets the love of her life and doesn't even know his last name!" Kelly said dramatically

"He isn't the love of my life! I'll probably never see him again!"

"Yeah, Carter is right.  Do you know how many Ryan's there are in the world. We'd never find him even if we wanted too" Tayler said sighing

At least some one gets it.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! There will be more Ryan in the next chapter and maybe even another encounter with Carter;)