Chapter 25: Grind and shine

The next day I wake up to Melo kissing me.

"Morning beautiful." He said cause me to smile. He handed me a mug of coco and I kissed his forehead.

"What are we doing today?" I said sipping the coco.

"Working out and my game today." He said.

"Hey let's go." I said pulling the covers from over my legs. I walked to the bathroom and took a quick shower and got into my workout clothes.

"We going to my gym?" I said picking up Mehki.

"Yeah." He said. We walked downstairs and Mrs.Tina was on the couch. She recently got out of the hospital and I try to help out while I can.

"Hi Mrs.Tina. How you feeling?" I said hugging her.

"I'm feeling a lot better." She said.

"Can I see my grandson." She said.

"Mom he's not actually my son." Melo said.

"I know but I know y'all breaking up anytime soon unless you do something dumb." She said. I laughed and handed Mehki to her as she held him. 

"He's so beautiful." She said.

"I know." I said.

"He has that Melo smile." She said. I laughed and Melo rolled his eyes. She handed him back to me and we left. We walk next door to my house. I gave Mehki to my mom and we headed to the gym. We begin working out and I know I have to tell him what's happening.

"Melo." I said as he was doing his set ups.

"Wassup." He said coming up to kiss me.

"I have to go to Costa Rica for volleyball." I said. He stopped and set up.

"What?" He said.

"There's this world wide volleyball league thing where they pick the top 20 volleyball players to travel the world for the series." I explained. 

"Your leaving me." He said standing up.

"I don't want to but if I don't then I can't play volleyball anymore." I said. He sighed and sat down on a chair.

"When will you come back." He said.

"2 years tops." I said.

"That's too long. I want to see your beautiful face in person not on a screen." He said.

"I'm sorry Melo. I won't go if you don't want me too." I said.

"Is this one of your biggest dreams." He said. I nodded.

"Then go for it. It's like you telling me to give up on the NBA." He said. I hugged him and we continued working out. After a hour we got done and I go to my room to take a shower and get dress for Melo's game.

"Look at you looking all sexy." Melo said recording me while I was packing Mehki's bag. He hugged me from behind and kissed my cheek.