You're Just A Lonely Star

I sat on Sam's lap as we took shocking selfies to post on twitter. This was also for Nikki's birthday present. I had decided to make her a scrapbook of all of us for a keepsake memory. She didn't know that yet.

Suddenly, she stuck her leg out from laying on the couch and photobombed our picture. "Bitch!" Sam laughed and she poked her tounge out, making me frown. "What's wrong?" I asked her quietly. She looked moody and I bet it had something to do with Danny.

She sighed. "Danny is.. just.." She groaned loudly and shoved a pillow into her own face which earned a hearty laugh from Danny who had let himself in unannouced.

"Come on, sweetheart it isn't that bad!" He defended himself as she sat up. "You fucked another girl, Danny." She snapped and my eyes sat on Ben who standing quietly in the hall. Our eyes locked. I wasn't as upset anymore. Seeing him made me regret, though. I wished he could have been mine. I don't like sharing.

"I told her to fuck off half way through it because it wasn't with you!" He yelled back and I rested a hand on Nikki's shoulder. "He shouldn't have done it, but he's here right now for you, not her." I pointed out quietly. She sighed and he took her hand and lead her to the bedroom.

Sam came up behind me and I felt his arms snake around my waist. Sam and I had been getting closer lately, just physically though, like cuddling. I think we were both pretty lonely, but neither of us would take the next step with each other and that's why I was okay with this happening. Sometimes it's just nice to be held.

I watched Ben curiously as he sat down in the arm chair, uneffected by Sam's affection toward me. Maybe he really didn't care then.

I sat on Sam's lap, my head nuzzled into his neck as a movie played on tv. Every now and then my eyes would wander to Ben, and a couple of times I had caught him staring which made me feel pleased that he might be jealous. He gave me up, not the other way around.

Sam had fallen asleep so I stood up and put a blanket over him before heading to my room. Emily was already sound asleep, which was lucky since Danny and Nikki were working up a storm in their room.

There were footsteps behind me and I turned to find Ben standing awkwardly in my doorway. "Hi," I managed.

For a minute, he simply stood there and I wondered what was wrong. "Listen, the guys and I are going on Warped tour again this year. Did you want to come with us? Emily can stay with my mum so she doesn't miss school." He suggested and I frowned.

"I'd love to, but I can't just hand my sister over to someone's care without knowing them Ben." I said sadly.

"Any friends houses she could stay?" He asked. He really seemed to want me to come.

"Um, I guess I could ask my friend Melissa." I shrugged and he nodded.

"Alright, let me know." Then he left. I stood there confused before pulling out my phone and dialing Melissa. She had been a great family friend since I was born, and Emily adored her.

"Hello?" Her familiar chiming voice appeared and I smiled.

"Hey! How are you?"

"Ashlyn? Oh my gosh! Hey, I'm great. Yourself?"

I laughed a little and decided to keep this short. "Not bad. Are you able to do me a pretty big favour?" I wondered carefully which earned me a laugh from her.

"Anything!"

"My friends have invited me to go on tour with them for about two months. Are you able to take care of Emily? I'll be flying back over during the breaks." I explained and Mel shrieked with excitement.

"Of course I will!"

"Great, I'll message you the details. Thank you so much, Mel." I smiled into the phone and she giggled.

"Don't mention it."

We hung up and I went to the lounge room where Ben sat next to a snoring Sam.

"I'll come." His head turned at the sound of my voice. "Good." He handed me a stack of stapled papers with details on them. "Thanks."

As I went over the dates I read the list of the other bands attending.

All Time Low

You Me At Six

We Are The In Crowd

Tonight Alive

Pierce The Veil

A Day To Remember

Issues

These bands all stuck out to me and I got excited just thinking about it. We left in three weeks time. Which is good because I was starting to get tired of routine. I needed a little excitement.