World of Colour

This was it. I was on the happiest place on Earth. Right beside Ben, getting our photo taken with some guy in a Mickey Mouse costume. I had to admit that maybe this was childish, but I was having too much fun to pay close attention.

Ben's arm slung around me lazily as we walked around. "How do you like it?" He asked, gesturing to the scenery before ys. Children running around in small princess costumes, lining up for rides, the delicious food, the rides we had yet to concour. I couldn't wipe the grin from my face. "Ben, this is amazing. Let's go on that ride!" I yelled, running over to the line for Space Mountain, the fastest ride in Disney land.

Ben chuckled and James followed us from behind. The group had sectioned off and Ben, James and I were excited for the ride. "I'm scared, and nervous." I admitted biting my lip in anticipation. The boys laughed and told me it was all pitch black on the ride with made my nerves spike. But now it was too late and we were ready to sit in the carriage.

It was a two seater and I snatched Bens hand to say he was sitting next to me. He chuckled and we sat down as the large saftey bar lowered in front of us. I looked at him and he looked excited. "Ready, tiger?" He winked and the carriage began moving into a tunnel of darkness.

I clutched his hand in mine not knowing what to expect, and soon we sped up and the invisible twisting and bends began. I hadn't realised it but I had let go of his hand and was screaming with excitement and laughing.

We walked off the ride and I gave James puppy dog eyes as I begged for another go. He simply laughed and shook his head. Ben returned from the bathroom and we continued our day, unleashing my fangirl when we saw the small Iron Man exhibit that was there at the time. The boys and I took silly photos with the suits of armour which made my entire day.

After we did Disneyland we wandered over to the California Adventure Park where there were more adult aged rides.

It was dark before I knew it and there were rides still lit up and more beautiful than ever, including the huge Roller Coaster that overlooked a nice lake like feature in the middle. Children ran around with glow in the dark sticks and I felt Ben take my hand in his as I watched them line up for something.

Ben nudged me and I turned to him, our Mickey and Minnie ears touching. I owed him a free meal for wearing those.

"I want to show you something." We stood in the line and I looked around but there wasn't any ride here. "Ben, what are we lining up for?" He smiled but shook his head. "It's a surprise, you nutter."

After a few minutes, the line began moving and Ben handed two tickets to some staff that directed us over to a lovely patch of grass before the water. To my surprise we sat down and I realised it must have been a show we were seeing.

Before long, music began to play loudly and Ben slung an arm around me, pulling me closer. I looked up at him, watching the way his lip ring protruded when he smiled. He caught me staring and leaned down, planting a small but warming kiss on my lips.

Suddenly, water began spraying from the lake in all directions and everybody cheered. It was a water show, only colours were illuminating the water. Pinks, blues, greens, purple and then an image appeared on the water, like a projecting.

I cheered out, watching as songs from my favourite movies played against the water. This really felt like magic. I looked at Ben who's attention was on me instead of the show and grinned. His smile got wider and we sat and watched the show.

Ben and I were strolling along the sidewalk when he pulled me into a Cold Stone Icecreamery. We both got chocolate and I added miniarshmallows to mine. Like a gentleman, he paid, being used to the currency here.

We sat with our legs dangling in the Spa of the motel. It was outside and the air was cool but not harsh. The warmth of the water cleared my head as we ate our ice cream. "Disneyland doesn't really suit your image, so why did you take me?" I asked curiously.

Ben shrugged before answering in a quiet voice. "I knew you would love it, so I convinced the guys."

I smiled. "Well, thank you. I really did love it. Especially that show." I said, remembering the bright colours.

"Don't get all mushy on me, Ash. Or I'll have to kill you." He winked and I laughed. "Of course, I forgot too much emotion made you uncomfortable." My eyes rolled and we finished our ice cream and headed back to the room Sam was already sound asleep with some beer bottles across the floor. I couldn't help but laugh.

"We leave in the morning. I'm gonna take a shower." Ben said before disappearing into the small bathroom. I watched after him and smiled to myself. I quickly undressed and changed quietly enough to not wake Sam.

Ben was taking his sweet time in the shower and I felt my eyelids getting heavy. Before I knew it, I'd fallen asleep.