The Invite

"You ready yet?" Nikki called from the lounge room. I fixed my long hair and made sure my make up was okay. We were going out tonight and it finally gave me a chance to wear the dress I'd bought a month ago.

Clubs weren't really my scene, pubs were. Nikki was flexible and didn't mind either.

The dress was short but not too short. I wore black stockings underneath that had a design on them, little swirls and roses.

I'd chosen my combat boots over heels and a small black purse.

"Yeah!" I called back, shoving my ipod into the little bag. We headed out and down the street to the little pub where we were going to have pre-drinks.

We rocked up looking a little dressed up, but we were regulars and they would have known we were going out afterwards.

As we sat at the bar, Keith handed us each a shot glass with our usuals in it. Nikki was a vodka girl but I preferred whiskey.

"Hey, girls. Going out tonight?" He asked. We nodded and did the shots.

"She's convinced me to go to Red Square." I rolled my eyes to Keith who laughed. Keith wasn't much older than I was, must have been about 24. I was 22, same as Nikki.

"How could you betray us like this, Nik?" He laughed with her and she threw her hands up in defense.

"I thought we could try something a little different, that's all." She drank some more of her new drink and I followed.

I looked around in confusion. There was only two groups of guys here. One group looked old and the other was full of hot guys; piercings, tattoos and shades.

I turned back to Keith. "Where is everybody?" I wondered. He chuckled.

"Probably red square." He shrugged. "We've lost a bit of business since that place opened." I nodded. "That sucks."

"Ashlyn, those guys are looking at you." Keith pointed out. I turned, making it obvious that I was staring. They looked somewhat familiar but I couldn't quite pin it in the dim lighting of the old pub.

Suddenly, one of them got up and approached the bar. He asked Keith for another round of beers and I stole a sideways glance.

Could it really be him again?

"Ben?" I took a leap of faith and he smiled at me, taking his shades off and revealing those big eyes I'd seen so many times in photos.

"Hey, you. Ashlyn, right?" He furrowed his eyebrows and extended his arm. I took his hand and nodded. "Yeah, you remembered?" I laughed and he shrugged. "Cute name, remember?"

He turned to Nikki with a sweet smile and they shook hands. I gave her five seconds before tuning in to her fangirl mode. It only took two.

"Hey! You guys are my favourite band, I can't believe I'm actually meeting you!" Her eyes were wide and a huge grin was spread across her face.

Ben chuckled. "Why don't you ladies come meet the band?" He offered. Nikki wss over there before I'd even left my seat. I laughed and Ben looked at me.

"She's like a 13 year old girl fangirling over One Direction or something." I shook my head and ran a hand through my loosely done hair.

Ben chuckled again as we reached the rest of the band. "Boys, this Ashlyn and-" Ben was interrupted by Danny.

"Nikki, we know." He laughed and I smiled at the lead vocalist. He returned the smile and motioned for the free seats beside him.

I sat down and Danny turned to me. "I'm Danny, that's Sam, Cameron and James." As he spoke, I listened but couldn't focus. Ben was gazing at me from across the way in his seat, taking the occasional swig of his beer.

"I know." I smirked at Danny who held his bottle out. I connected it to my drink and we took a mouthful each.

As the night went on, I relaxed more and more with each drink. The guys were so nice, they asked questions and we answered happily, returning the favour.

"Do you guys want to come to Red Square with us?" Nikki asked excitedly, a slight slurr in her words.

They laughed at her and all agreed except Cameron who had to leave.

I gave him a hug goodbye and we exchanged numbers which made my stomach knot. Was I becoming friends with my favourite band?