I Want You

"Ben, neither of you are up for this." Sam's voice was soft and he got off the bed, walking over to his friend.

I felt Ben's eyes on me and rolled over to face the wall. I heard Sam and Ben whispering but couldn't make out what they were saying.

Ben's whispered grew a little louder and I then heard the door close. I watched the wall, examining the small creases and shapings in the dry paint.

Suddenly, there was a weight on the bed. "Does he hate me, Sam?" I whispered, almost frightened of the answer.

A warm arm glided over my waist and pulled me closer. "Of course not, you muppet." I jumped, hearing Ben's voice reply.

It was quiet for a few minutes. Ben's warmth was radiating off him and I embraced it whole heartedly.

His fingers danced along the fabric of my dress and I wished that we were sober.

"Why isn't Renee here?" I asked childishly. I was curious, keeping an eye out for her.

Ben chuckled. "That was just a one night thing." I could feel his breath on my neck, hear how close his voice was.

There was no distance between us, yet it startled me how close I wanted to be to him.

I turned over so I was facing him. I could feel the alcohol wearing off but the pills I'd taken were keeping me jittery and I was moving my jaw without realising.

"How many did you take?" Ben smirked and I wondered why he found it amusing when he'd punched Dean for it?

"Two." I admitted, feeling the heat in my cheeks rise. Ben's face was only inches from mine and I felt a smile creep across my face.

"Why'd you take 'em?" He asked, an eyebrow raised. I shrugged.

"Something new, different." I told him, keeping my gaze away from his eyes.

"Exciting?" He whispered. I nodded.

"You like exciting?" He whispered lowly. I could feel my stomach tying itself in knots of anticipation.

I looked up, allowoing myself to be captivated under his spell. My eyes couldn't look away from his once he'd caught them. I'm not even sure if I wanted to look away.

Suddenly, the door burst open and Nikki appeared in tears, her hair a mess and her shoes gone.

I was out of the bed before I had even registered what had happened.

"Nikki, what happened?" She sobbed into my shoulder.

"Renee beat me." She looked up at me and I saw her eye a bright red and her lip bleeding.

"Where is she?" I didn't even give myself time to think before I stormed out there, hearing Ben follow me.

Sure enough, I found Danny and Renee yelling.

"Where is he? Is he with that slut?" Most of the people had left by now and I was greatful because what I was about to do next, I didn't want a large audience for.

I walked right up behind her took a handful of cheap, ratty extensions and tugged harshly.

She cried out and tried to turn around but I only pulled harder. There was an ugly ripping sound and she staggered away from me, her hand on the back of her head.

I made a disgusted face as I dropped the strands of hair to the floor with a laugh.

Renee shrieked as she saw the amount of hair I'd pulled out. I could feel the stares of disbelief on me.

The quiet girl was finally showing the bitch inside of her.

"Bitch, what the fuck!" She screamed, tears running down her face.

"Did you hurt Nikki?" I asked straight up. Renee glared but didn't answer so I stepped closer.

"Don't make me ask you twice." I hissed taking another step.

"Just fuck off." She shook her head and grabbed her handbag, about to walk away but I stood in front of the door.

"I warned you not to make me ask twice." I shoved her backward and she found enough courage to do the same to me.

Her nails scratched at the bare skin on my arms and my at her face. How dare she hurt my best friend.

Hard hands took hold of my arms and Ben stood in front of me.

"Let me go!" I demanded, thrashing my arms in Ben's grip.

He simply shook his head and told me no, to calm down. But I refused to answer in the way he wanted me to.

I didn't let up, I simply kept struggling, even when Sam pulled me into the spare room. Ben followed and shut the door, closing it and leaning against it cooly with an amused expression. 

Sam finally let me go and I felt the soon-to-be bruises on my arms appearing.

"Let me out there, I'll fucking smash her." Why was nobody as angry as I was? That bitch gave my best friend a black eye.

Ben laughed and I glared at him warningly. "Look, love. I'm not letting you out there until she's gone. Calm your tits." Ben was snickering as I rolled my eyes.

"Sam, make him move." I begged with a pout.

"What's it going to take to make you stay in here?" He asked with a shake of his head.

"That slut's face under my shoe." I could feel the adrenaline wearing off and I sat on the bed, suddenly tired.

"I'll go check on Nikki." Sam said quietly before leaving Ben and I with an awkward silence.

I felt him sit on the bed beside me and I sighed. "I hate her." I shook my head with an unamused laugh. Ben's hard rested on my back comfortingly.

"I'd hate her too if she hit my best friend." He said simply. I shook my head again.

"I really hate her for that. But that's not all." I sighed, knowing I should just admit my feelings for him.

It's not like he'd take me seriously anyway.

"What else is it then?" He asked, sucking in a deep breath and running a large hand through his wild hair.

I bit my lip, feeling a knot on my stomach tighten. "Because she had you." I clenched my fists, feeling unnaturally aware of everything around me.

Ben chuckled. I looked at him nervously and he began laughing. I looked at him confused.

"What?" I snapped quietly.

He shook his head with a smirk.

"You're fucking adorable when you're angry." He grinned and I couldn't help the huge smile playing at my lips as I whacked him on the arm.

"Ben I-"

"Shut up, would you? For one minute, just don't think. Just do whatever the fuck you want to do." He laughed a little and I looked at him with a genuine smile.

"I want you."