Goodbye England

This was it, the day I finally left England with the band and Nikki. Emily had cried until she saw Melissa, then she was as happy as on her birthday. I felt a pang of guilt for leaving her. I felt selfish but she seemed okay, so my mind was put at ease.

Nikki and I were at the airport, waiting for the boys in front of our designated terminal. After weeks of deciding what to pack, I settled for the basics until I could buy summer clothing over there.

"There they are." Nikki pointed at a group of familiar guys, walking with suitcases behind them. For obvious reasons, Ben was the first to catch my eye. He was in a pair of gym short and a hoodie with a black beanie containing to jungle of hair on his head.

These past weeks haven't been all bad between us. I'd found myself forgiving him after everything and wanting him back again, but then the realisation of him being on tour meant random women he would sleep with, and I decided not to touch that subject.

"Hey!" Nikki practically jumped into Danny's arms and they kissed, leaving me with the guys. Ben was the first to hug me, and he smelt sweeter than normal with no scent of whiskey on him. I had to admit I liked it, but knew it would fade as soon as we got to Warped.

"You ready for an adventure?" He said with a smile. I grinned my reply and Cameron hugged me, then James and Sam.

"Flight 209B is ready for boarding, please have your passports and tickets ready." The lady in a neat dress suit announced over the speaker. Nerves were beginning to kick in and I bit my lip as we lined up. Ben nudged me and I looked up at him. "Not nervous are you, Walters?" He winked teasingly and I rolled my eyes in attempt to appear at ease.

"Of course not." I lied flatly, sending a knowing glance to Nikki to keep her mouth shut as she watched us. She got the idea and handed her passport to the hostess who took it and stamped it, then ripped her ticket.

Ben was next and I followed him through the terminal nervously. More staff met us at the plane's entrance and directed us to allocated seats. There were two seats beside each window and a row of four in the middle between the aisles.

I frowned when I saw Ben sit in the larger row and I sat window seat to his right. I wondered who was to sit beside me amd brightened a little when I saw it was Sam.

"Hey, you." He smiled and placed his luggage in the over head compartment above us. "Hi." I didn't feel much like talking with the nerves causing a knot in my stomach. Suddenly, Ben stood up and came over. "Sam, James wants you to sit next to him, he can't stand my snoring." Sam laughed and swapped seats with Ben. I felt calmer knowing Ben was beside me now, and I felt happier too.

There were staff standing every few rows ready to help go over the safety procedures. I was grateful to see there was a small screen on the back of the chair in front of me. At least now I could distract myself.

Not long after, we were buckling our seat belts and I was gripping the edge of my arm rests. Ben seemed to notice and place his hand over mine, allowing my muscles to relax slightly. My knuckles were white and I swallowed before taking a deep breath. I was about to be in the air in a giant machine that could crash into the ocean. Nothing scary about that.

"Relax, we haven't even taken off yet." He chuckled but as soon as he said it, the plane gained speed and I couldn't help but glance out the window they wouldn't let me close.

The scenery was rushing past in shades of grey and blue and suddenly, the plane began tilting. I pushed my back into the seat and closed my eyes as Ben's fingers pried mine off the chair, enterwining them together.

"You're alright, you nutter." He chuckled again and the sound somehow soothed me. Ben knew exactly how to make me feel better without even realising. I smiled a little as the tingles in my hand increased with every stroke of his thumb over my skin.

There was a little turbulance but I settled down as Ben and I watched The Hangover 2 on our screens, our hands still holding each other.

I sneakily glanced at Ben who had fallen asleep, his mouth open a little and I smiled looking down at our hands. He must like me still, why else would he be acting so affectionately? Maybe he wanted to be with me, but I wasn't sure. I would have to wait and see what happened during Warped tour.

Ben shuffled around sleepily and I looked back to the screen. He drew away his hand and lifted the arm rest between us and pulled me into him. He was warm and left his arm around me. I looked over at the others who were all giggling like school girls at us and gave them the finger. Before I knew it, I'd fallen asleep in his arms again, feeling calm and happy.