Now Are Better Days

I woke up to empty sheets and wondered where Ben was. What was I thinking last night, letting him into my bed? At least nothing happened. I shook my head. I couldn't let this happen again.

I got up and wandered to the kitchen to make breakfast. Nikki had taken Emily to school this morning. The house was empty apart from me and my thoughts.

I switched on the tv to a music channel like every morning. Suddenly, my phone buzzed.

Want to hang today?

Cam x

I smiled and replied, Sure, where at? x

Not long after, I recieved a reply saying, At the studio on main st. Meet there at 10 x

The time now was 9:30. I hurriedly pulled on some jeans and a shirt before almost running out of the house to get there.

I was 10 minutes late by the time I got there.

I called Cam and he picked up after the third ring.

"Hey, I'm out the front."

"Alright, love. Be there in a minute."

After a minute, James appeared and let me inside.

The studio wasn't big but it wasn't small either. It's interior was a sleek black and purple colour scheme with black leather couches and small round coffee tables.

There was a man I'd never met before sitting in front of the switch board. He seemed preoccupied and busy, mumbling to himself whilst listening to a recording.

"This is where the magic happens." James winked and I grinned. "This is pretty awesome." I admitted quietly impressed.

"Time to record, James." The man suddenly looked up and told him. James nodded and told me to sit on the couch and listen.

I watched him as he sat in front of the drum kit and began playing.

The others were now walking out of the booth grinning and laughing at each other.

"Hey, guys." I was greeted with friendly hugs and a coffee.

Ben took a seat beside me, with Sam to my left. "How's Em?" Ben asked quietly as the others engaged in conversation.

I looked to him with a lopsided smile. "She's alright. I'm going to get her help, I just can't afford it right now." I ran a hand through my tangled hair before sipping at my cappuccino.

Ben's hand rested comfortingly on my shoulder. I smiled, appreciating the gesture. "She'll be fine. I'm sure of it." I tried assuring him, or rather myself. I wasn't sure.

It was quiet for a moment before he spoke again. "What about you? Will you be fine?" His question took me a little by surprise.

"Always am, Ben." I gave him the most convincing smile I could muster, but somehow doubted that he accepted it.

I spent the next hour listening to the boy's new material, lounging around the studio with warm coffee and a different perspective.

The boys were engrossed with the recording of their new album and it gave me the motivation to pick up my lyric book again.

I sat thoughtfully in my spot, chewing the pencil as I attemoted to conjour up the right words to describe the feelings.

I was so focused I hadn't notice Cam sit beside me and refill my coffee.

"Ash? Ash?" He chuckled as the pencil dropped from my mouth and I came back to earth.

"Pardon?" I felt embarrassed for a moment until he gave me a warm smile. "Whatcha doing?"

I smiled. "If I tell you, I'd have to kill you." I grinned wickedly and he shook his head. "Like you could take me down." He scoffed and I glared at him playfully.

"Is that a challenge, Mr. Liddell?"

I asked in a suspicious mannor. He smirked. "Might be."

"Challenge accepted!" I jumped up as he did and shoved him playfully. "That all you got, kitty?" He winked and I winked back. "Nope." In an instant, I'd forced my fist toward his stomach, successfully hitting the target before he managed to block my hit.

He doubled over for a minute before regaining his posture. He smirked. "I'm impressed, tiger."

"Woah, what's going on out here? Cameron, why are you letting a girl kick your arse?" Danny's laugh became louder as Cameron glared.

"I was not letting her-"

"Oh, I so was! Don't deny it." I gave him a knowing look and he sighed in defeat, mumbling 'whatever' and walking off with a smirk.

Danny fist bumped me. "How are you liking the new sound?" He asked, shoving his phone in his pocket.

"It's great. I can't wait to hear 'Run Free' when it's all recorded." I sat cross legged in my spot and Danny grinned.

"Us too. I have a good feeling about this one." I agreed with him.