Someone, Somewhere

"You love me?" He whispered, in what sounded like disbelief. I nodded, examining his face, searching.

"I wish I didn't. I feel so alone." I managed to whispered, careful not to let anymore tears fall. I felt like a bomb, fragile and could go off any second.

He raised his hands from mine and rested them on my face. He began leaning in and I shut my eyes, dying for his lips, my poison, my medicine.

The kiss was softer than usual, and I relished in the moment, resting my hands on his neck. Carefully, I wrapped my legs around his waist and his arms snaked around mine, pulling me closer to him so I could feel his warmth.

He stood up, picking me up with him and leading me into the back lounge. Gently, he set me on the floor and hovered above me, breaking the kiss only for a moment.

Slowly, his hands ran up and down my skin, as if he was savouring every second of what was happening between us. He broke away and I groaned a little as his soft lips moved from mine, down to my jawline.

He left a trail of sweet kisses down my neck until he reached my shirt. His hands were swift but steady as he pulled my top off and resumed trailing his lips down my middle to my jeans.

Again, he removed them, but instead of continuing, his lips found mine again and I felt a tear escape my eye. It handed on his arm and his endless eyes devoured mine. "Be mine." I whispered as he leant in again. His lips brushed mine briefly before I heard him sigh, breaking the spell and snapping me back to reality where I knew his answer.

Bens pov

I hesitated before I met her gaze. She looked so fragile, but I couldn't commit the way she wanted me to. I wasn't that guy, who got tied down and told what to do. I was always just Ben. No Ben and whoever else, just me.

Her eyes closed and I saw a few more tears escape her eyes as I sat up and ran my hands through my tangled hair.

Why did she have this power over me? My instincts were telling me to run from her, that I couldn't be who she wanted me to be. That I wouldn't be faithful like she needed. Deep down I knew how bad that sounded, but that was just me. I wasn't one to usually resist temptation.

But then I felt a tugging at my heart as she picked up her clothes and dressed herself, her back to me to hide her tears.

I couldn't remember the last time I'd felt guilty about hurting a girl, or if I ever had before her. Something about her made me want to try, to be with her and only her. But I ran the risk of losing her if I messed up, and I wasn't sure I could handle the guilt.

Without a word, she wandered up stairs to the lounge and shut the door. With a sigh, I laid back down, unsure of myself.

I had to stop hurting her. I had two options. The first being that I could tell her to leave tour and hope she moves on and finds someone by the time we get back. I wouldn't speak to her ever again.

The second, I could go up there and tell her how terrified I am, but that I wanted her.

It wasn't long before I heard music coming from the room she was in. Slowly, I began to recognize the song and pulled myself up. Quietly, I made my way up the cold stairs and stood just outside the door.

"Even though I'm on my own

I know I'm not alone

Cause I know there's someone somewhere

Praying that I make it home

So here's one from the heart

My life right from the start

I need a home sweet home

To call my own..."

Her voice was beautiful, and I rested my forehead against the cool surfuce of the wood door, hanging off her every word.

Amazing, that's what she was. Having gone through so much. And my music helped her to be strong, but I was the one breaking her down.

Ashlyn's pov

I strummed the guitar one last time before sighing. Suddenly, the door burst open and Ben stood there with his mouth open as if to speak, but nothing came out.

I looked down, embarrassed that he'd heard me sing his song. "Ash, I want you." His words tugged my heart strings but I forced myself to shake my head. "You can't just use me for sex, Ben. Go find slut face again." I muttered, standing up.

He shook his head and stepped forward, pulling me into his chest. "No, you nutter. I want you. Be mine." He whispered. I burried my head into the crook of his neck and hugged him back with everything I had. "Always," I whispered.