But I Can't Bring Myself To Quit This Game

I fell back asleep after that, and woke up to a warmth on my cold cheek. It was Ben's lips and once again I found myself willing to take a chance with him.

I turned to him before prying my eyes open. "Where did you go last night anyway?" He asked, his voice sounded normal so I assumed he had been awake some while before me.

I shrugged. "A walk." I wasn't tired anymore, but I wanted to just stay in bed all day with him next to me.

"Nikki tried calling you a thousand times. We were all worried about you." He frowned and I looked up at him.

"I'm sorry, I just kept walking and eventually wound up at my old place. Then I came home." He didn't need to know about my freak out yesterday, since I was still coping with it.

He seemed satisfied enough with my answer and brushed a colloused thumb over my cheek.

"Do you like me, Benjamin Bruce?" I whispered in a somewhat teasing tone. Ben furrowed his eyebrows but didn't reply. I faked a loud gasp and he wiped the smirk off his face before I could catch it. "You do, don't you?" I leant up close to his face and he shook his head but couldn't shake away the reluctant smile placed on his lips.

"Just admit it." I teased slightly, my lips brushing against his. In reply, his hands found the small of my back and he pressed me closer to him, causing our lips to touch.

Butterflies errupted in my stomach and one of his hands found mine as it rested on his chest. He pulled away from the kiss but not me and looked into my eyes which made me nervous. "I like you," He smirked and rolled his eyes at the wrinkle of my nose. I turned away before I sneezed and he laughed. "Way to ruin the moment," He threw the covers over my head before wandering into the bathroom making me giggle.

Ben's pov

I heard a muffled giggle as I went to the bathroom. Running a hand through my hair, I pushed it back and ran the cold water from the faucet, splashing my face with it.

I heard Ashlyn's door open and Emily's giggles. "Get dressed, Ashy! We're going out!"

Ashlyn groaned a little but laughed as I assumed Emily won and Ash was now out of bed.

She wondered in as I was glancing at my reflection. There were dark circles under my eyes and my hair was an absolute state.

"Thank you." She said almost nervously, picking up her bright purple tooth brush that matched her hair. "For what?" I asked, drying my face on a near by towel. "For not leaving." Her eyes briefly met mine in the mirror, but she looked away. That second our eyes connected, I realised how much it had meant to her. Only I wasn't sure if it scared me or made me fall for her more.

Ashlyn's pov

I got dressed into my usual outfit, jeans and an over sized jumper and beanie once Ben had left the room. Emily found me and dragged me out to the car where she got in. I sat in the passenger's side as Nikki pulled out of the driveway with Ben talking to Em in the back about Disney princesses.

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked, looking out the window. I saw Ben smirk from the review mirror and glared at him. "Where are we going?" I repeated suspiciously. Nikki laughed and suddenly, we pulled into a car yard.

I looked around. "Guys, I can't afford a car right now." I said as they all got out. I sighed and did the same and Ben met me at my door. His hands found my waist and he leant down and pecked my cheek softly, causing me to blush with the public affection.

"I'm buying you one, you silly bugger. I broke yours." He laughed and took my hand. "Broke? You destroyed it." I corrected him as we started looking around at the used cars. He shrugged. "Same difference. No price limit, just buy whatever you want." He urged me. Typically, I searched the cheaper cars and found a nice small purple one that I rather liked.

I took it for a test drive and decided I wanted this one, only that I would pay Ben back by slipping money into his wallet.

Nikki and Emily drove back to the house in her car, while Ben and I drove my new one. "I want to take you somewhere." Ben stated flatly as we were driving. "Head to the beach." He directed me and we arrived shortly afterwards, our ears ringing from the loud music we played to test out the cd player.

We parked the car in the deserted car park and began walking along the board walk until we reached the unoccupied ice cream stand. Ben stopped and turned to me, pulling me in for a warm hug. I blushed at how close we were, he smelt like old cigarette but the cologne he was wearing masked most of it's scent.

"Ben, why are we here?" I asked with a smile. He looked around and smiled. "This was where we met for the first time, remember?" He looked down at me, those big eyes boring into mine. "Why are you blushing, you nutter?" He laughed and I pushed him away playfully. "I am not!" I lied, looking down with a pout. "Are too." He stepped closer and I felt like I was seeing a different side to him.

I was used to seeing the bad boy, the rebel. This was a sweeter, more down to earth Ben that I liked maybe even a little more than the rockstar.

His fingers lifted my chin up so I could look at him. Without a word, he leant down and pressed his warm lips to mine. A cool breeze whipped around us and I stepped closer to Ben. He wrapped his arms around my small frame and protected me against the cold air with his warmth.

Our lips moved in perfect sync as we stood, embraced. All too soon, the gentle kiss ended and I was left wanting more. "What are we?" I whispered to him quietly, looking out at the grey sea before us. He shrugged as I watched rough waves roll into the sand. It reminded of Ben. Rough on the outside, but still beautiful. And dangerous.

"I don't want to label this," He said and I assumed he meant what was between us. I shrugged. "So what are we?" I asked again, feeling nervous.

He frowned. "I don't know."

"Ben, I really like you. A lot. But I don't want to watch you go on tour and sleep with other girls. I'm not okay with that." I stepped back and wrapped my arms around my figure, suddenly angry. This just wasn't fair, to bring me here and say that he didn't want to be with me.

He didn't reply and I frowned. "Bye, Ben." I turned around and began walking, feeling salty tears in my eyes as I walked away from him. Again I let myself believe that I had a chance with him.

I turned around suddenly and found that he was still standing there, his hands shoved into the pockets of his ripped jeans. "Keep the car!" I called back to him. I didn't want anything from Benjamin Bruce ever again.