Something About Her

Danny's arm snaked around Nikki's waist and she smiled at him cheekily. It was clear what both of them wanted.

I'd been sitting beside James for the past ten minutes, laughing about Sam and Ben's grinding on each other on the dance floor.

James's gaze fell back to mine. "Tell me more about yourself, I've been doing all the talking." I shrugged with a chuckle. "Nothing interesting about me." I replied, crossing my legs.

James shook his head. "No, there is, and I can't put my finger on it."

Before I could reply, -not that I had one- Ben and Sam stumbled their way back to us and I gazed at my watch.

3am. I should be getting home, Emily would be home tomorrow at mid day and I promised her we would go to the park again.

Sam nudged me in the arm lightly, capturing my attention. "What's up? Gotta be somewhere?" He asked curiously. James winked at me.

"Someone to be with?" He too, nudged my other arm. Suddenly, Ben burst into a slur of laughter. "What? I'm right here, she doesn't have to go anywhere for a good lay." He winked at me and gave me a nod. I blushed and looked away.

"Meet somebody? Hardly. I have plans with my sister tomorrow." I confessed with an embarrassed laugh. Ben's eyes wandered off until he focused on the closest blonde to our table. I suppressed an eye roll and shook my head slight. Typical rockstar.

I looked back at Nikki and found her and Danny getting awfully close with their tongues.

"Well, I'm off. Let Nikki know I'll be at home. I don't want to interrupt that." I nodded over at the two and the boys laughed, wolf whistling.

"Sure thing. You'll be okay by yourself?" Sam asked. For a drunk, he was responisble. Maybe he wasn't quite drunk yet.

I nodded. "I'm a big girl, Sammy. I can handle myself." I gave him a reassuring look before hugging him and James goodbye. They'd saved my number and I hoped I'd actually hear from them.

I looked to Ben across the way. He was dancing with the blonde girl but waved me a goodbye before returning his attention to the girl.

I felt the slightest twinge of jealously before shrugging it off. He could dance with whoever he wanted, just like I could.

I walked out of the club, escaping the loud music that pumped erratically. The farther I got from the club, the more the music muffled and I smiled to myself, feeling a wave of peacefulness wash over me.