boarding with boys (13)

*doing little victory dance* YAY!!!! I posted again. I'm trying to redeem myself for not posting in so long. Please forgive me, you readers and fans are awesome and I hate to disappoint you. Email me at limeaddict7@aim.com if you have suggestions or questions regarding this story. Make the subject Boarding with Boys so I know to read it and not spam it. Thanks for all the fans and reads, thats practically the only reason I write... Enjoy!

Ashley's POV

The next morning, I was rudely awakened when someone was jumping up and down on my bed. I swear, I could already tell it was Tom. Does that boy understand not to bother someone so early in the morning? My gosh, if I was my dad, I'd have him taken away from day one.

"Tom!" I shreiked. My eyes opened reluctantly and I looked into eyes that were shifting from green to brown. They were lovely. Wait! Since when does Tom have lovely eyes?

"Wes?" I was confused why he was in my room. I really did think it was Tom.

"Hey Ash, surprised? And why would Tom be in here?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Oh, it's just that he follows me around like a lost puppy," I said. He laughed. "What are you doing here?"

"I was in the neighborhood," he said nonchalantly. I laughed.

"Let me get ready," I said. He nodded and left the room. I changed into a see through white blouse and wore a yellow cami under it. I put on denim cutoffs and slipped into my silver gladiator sandals. When I was finished, I put on mascara and eyeliner and met Wes outside my door. He was humming a tune to a song I didn't know and kicking the ground with his heels.

"Let's go," I said. He nodded and walked beside me. We walked in silence. It was that awkward type of silence, which was weird since we already went on our date and got pretty close.

"Hey, I heard about you and Carter," he said. I nodded.

"Yeah," was all I could come up with. I feel really bad about that.

"Maybe you could come over to our dorm and hang out," he offered. I stared at him. My dad will not like that.

"Sure," I said anyways. He smiled and said he would see me later. A few seconds after he left, Carter came up to me. I wanted to avoid him for awhile in case he was mad about yesterday, but the wide smile he had on his face told me otherwise.

"Hey," he said. I smiled. Suddenly, I feel like I'm on the Bacherlorette show, having all these boys come up to me and hoping that I'd pick them. I laughed at the thought, Carter raised his eyebrows and looked at me like I was a crazy person. I smiled awkwardly at him.

"Sorry about yesterday," I said, breaking the silence. He nodded. For a second, his eyes looked dark and his jaws tightened, but it was gone in a flash, It was probably just my imagination.

"No problem," he said like he's been stood up before. Something about him just tells me that I was the first one to have stood him up. Huh, too bad for the unbroken record.

"Wes invited me over today," I said just so we have something to say.

"Really? Well, I'll see you later then," he said. I nodded as he walked off. I sighed. Was he really mad about yesterday?

"Ashley!" I turned around and saw Finn walking towards me. Soon, there was a wide smile plastered on my face.

"Hey Finn," I said. He walked with me towards the school cafe. "What's up?"

"Nothing really. You will not believe my morning," he said, looking dramatic. I laughed. "So I was in the shower when Kyle barged in. You should've seen the dude's face, he was 100% horrified!"

"Wow, guess he was jealous," I laughed. He laughed too and nodded.

"Maybe. He ran out of there faster than a blink. Then Carter decides to be funny and goes in there to. I mean, serious? He was like dancing and singing, pretending I wasn't in there," Finn said. I smiled. His roommates seem so much fun. What was with the awkwardness this morning?

"You have great roommates," I said. He shrugged.

"I'd be you, you get a room to yourself," he said.

"I'll switch with you," I offered. He laughed.

"As much as I'd love to, I think your dad would not be too happy with me. You living with all boys; crazy, hormonal boys," he said. I shrugged.

"Yeah, you're right. That's like asking for trouble. Too bad, I really wanted to switch," I said in all seriousness and then cracked up laughing. He smiled.

I really liked Finn, He was easy to talk to, as you can see. There were no awkward moments, and hopefully there never will be.

Comment? Vote? Fan?