boarding with boys (7)

Omg thank for being my fans and reading this, it means a lot to me...

Finn's POV

Alright, I can do this. I'll just go right up to her and ask her out. How hard can it be? I mean, it'll be like taking candy from a baby. Okay, but what if that baby has super powers and a really tight grip on that candy? Shouldn't I just give up and not even waste my breath?

Seriously, I don't even know why I'm nervous to begin with. It's not like I care. I'm just trying to prove that I can do this, and I can.

No, maybe I'll wait until later. I know that she has a date with Wes. She's probably too busy anyway. No, I can do this. It's not like it's going to kill me. I hope.

I sped down the hall towards the way Ashley was likely to be. Right as I turned to corner, she was standing outside the door of her class. Which reminds me, I should be in class right not. I was about to turn around when someone called my name.

"Finny!" I swore under my breath and turned around to see Carter. Did he really have to be here now? I sighed and walked over to them slowly, taking my time. When I reached them, Carter gave me a smile that practically said "you can't back out now."

"Alright, I'm going to go," Carter said and waved at Ashley before disappearing. I looked at Ashley, who was blankly staring at the floor. I cleared my throat and she looked up at me.

"Will you go out with me sometime?" I said quickly before I changed my mind. Ashley's eyes grew wide.

"Do I look like a boy to you?" she demanded. Suddenly, her hands flew over her mouth like she wasn't supposed to say that.

"What do you mean?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You're gay," she said simply.

Really? Seriously? What is about me that makes people think I'm gay? No offense to those said gay people, but I am not gay. How many more times do I have to say it?

"I'm not gay," I said, trying not to sound irritated. She frowned and shook her head quickly.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I just assumed you were," she said.

"Yeah, you and my roommates," I muttered. She must've heard me because she laughed.

"Gosh, sorry. I really didn't know," she said. I shrugged, trying not to make it seem like I cared.

"Well, I'll be going now," I said, turning around. I knew I should've been in class.

"Wait, I'll go on a date with you. Tell me where and I'm there," she called as I walked away. I turned back to her and gave her a small smile.

I wonder how many people think I'm gay exactly. Do I need to announce that I'm not for people not to get the wrong idea?

Ashley's POV

Oh my God! I am so embarrassed. I cannot believe I said that to Finn. He must really want to back out of that date now. What was I thinking? Why couldn't I control my mouth and not blurt that. I cannot even believe I thought he was gay. There was nothing about him that made him seem gay. I'm just stupid, that's what.

I'm actually excited that he finally asked me out. He's really cute. He just seems like a guy who is totally boyfriend material. Not that I'm even looking for one. I just what to get used to this school before I decide to date anyone. Knowing my dad, he'll probably not even allow it.

Speaking of my dad, here he comes right now with a smile on his face. I know that look. He's going to say something and I'm not going to like it. Not one bit.

"Hey Ash," he said. I forced a smile, mentally preparing myself for what he will soon say that I probably won't be too happy about.

"Dad," I said.

"I want you to meet someone," my dad said. Wow, maybe I have it all wrong. Maybe my dad's about to introduce me to this totally cute guy that I will fall in love with.

"Really?" I asked, trying not to sound too eager.

From behind my dad, a boy stepped out. He had thick framed glasses and braces that stopped him from closing his mouth. He had pale white skin that was filled with zits and all that junk. He was tall but too skinny. He pushed his glasses up and tried to smile. I felt my jaws drop. Was my dad trying to torture me?

"Ashley, this is Tom. He's one of the top students here and he's a good guy. Maybe you can have dinner or something tonight. I'll even extend your curfew," my dad offered. As tempting as that sounds, I think I'll pass. I remembered my date with Wes and mentally thanked the heavens for that.

"Oh bummer, I'm already busy tonight," I said, trying to look sad.

"What are you planning?" Tom asked. His voice was weird and scratchy. I turned to him and forced a smile, which probably look more like a frown.

"Oh, someone asked me out and I already promised him. I wouldn't want to back out on him," I said. Hey, don't judge me. It's totally the truth.

"Why don't you bring Tom along? I'm sure your date won't mind," my dad said. I shook my head.

"Sorry dad, just the two of us. Maybe next time, okay?" I said. My dad frowned.

"Ashley, don't be rude," my dad scolded. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, it's fine Headmaster," Tom said. "Maybe we can have dinner another night. I'll cook." Oh, joy!

"Sounds great, Tom," my dad answered before I could say anything. I knew he was going to tell me something I wasn't going to like. Tom? Really? Does he hate me and want me to die alone?

"Yeah, great," I mumbled.

I turned around and walked back to my room. I don't care if I'm missing classes. My day has been totally ruined.

"Hey Ashy." I turned around and it was Tom. I cringed at the way he said my name.

"Oh hey, I'm not feeling well so I'm heading back to my room," I said. It wasn't completely a lie.

"That's too bad. I'll keep you company," he said, following me. I didn't say anything, I knew it was pointless. Today was going to be a long day.