boarding with boys (10)

hey, heres the new upload. sorry if it sucks, i have no inspiration or ideas and i've been sooo busy. i have the trip coming up soon and i also have this reading assignment to do for school. i thought that i would have a lot of time to write but i guess i don't. sorry to disappoint you guys if this chapter is not what you expected. i rushed it because i still havent finsihed packing and i'm really bummed right now. zach and i got in our first fight.. so yea... anyway... this is probably the last post for like 2 weeks unless i can post tomorrow....

Ashley's POV

So I ditched Carter. My dad was stubborn and wanted me to have dinner with him and Tom. I didn't have the heart to tell Carter that I had to cancel. Maybe he would just move on to another girl and replace me. I still feel really bad though.

In about half an hour, it's dinner time. I really want to dress bad on purpose, but why should I make a fool of myself, might as well make the best of this day. I put on skinny jeans and a black 'Alice in Wonderland' top. I tied up my hair in a simple bun and applied a little makeup. I put on my purple Converse and headed down to my dad's office, where we were meeting.

Tom and my dad were already there. Tom was wearing a white polo that was tucked into his black dress pants. His hair was slicked back and his zits visibly red and irritated. I managed a small smile and his gave me a toothy grin.

"Glad you could make it Ash," Tom said. I cringed and pretended I was shivering from the cold.

"Yeah, me too," I muttered to myself. My dad must've heard because he gave me a look. I rolled my eyes.

"Come on Ashley, this will be fun," my dad assured me. I nodded, but didn't believe him one bit.

Carter's POV

I cannot believe her! I was stood up. Yeah, I've never been out stood up before. Never! Who does she think she is? She can't just not come and not tell me. God, is she even worth it?

I walked back to my room and saw Finn looking at me weird.

"What?" I hissed. He raised his hand and shook his head.

"What's got your panties in a twist? Isn't your date with Ashley today?" he asked. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"She ditched me," I said bitterly. I could tell he was trying to hold back laughter.

"She ditched you?" he said incredulously.

"Yeah, she was supposed to meet me about an hour ago," I said.

"Maybe she called and you never got the message," Finn suggested. I doubt that.

"Whatever, I didn't even want her," I said.

"Sure," he said in a tone that meant he didn't believe me. I groaned and hit the counter.

"Chill, the counter isn't at fault here," Finn said, laughed.

"Shut up, Finny," I snapped. I can't believe she actually just stood me up. I don' think I'll ever get over it.

I decided to call her. Maybe Finn was right, she called me but I never got the call. I'll give her one more chance. Truth is, I did want her. Even if she really did stand me up, I think I'd still want her. Nothing comes between me and a girl ever.

"Hello?" Ashley answered the phone on the second ring. I took a deep breath. Whoa, was I actually nervous about confronting her?

"Hey Ash, it's Carter," I said. There was a long silence.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry Carter. I'm with my dad and Tom. Remember how he made me? Yeah, I'm so sorry. We'll make it another day, okay?" She sounded so sincere I knew she wasn't lying. Ashley is pretty but she doesn't seem like those kinds of girls that make up silly excuses.

"No problem, Ash. Maybe next time," I said.

"Sure, bye," she said. I cannot believe I actually gave her a second chance. I usually never give people more than one chance. Jeez, what is it about her that makes her an exception?

'kay, i tried to make the chapter longer but i dont think i was very successful in that... i'll try to post tomorrow but i'm gonna warn you, it's probably gonna be really short..