Chapter Nineteen ♥ "Unexpected guest"

This chapter is dedicated to an awesome friend, who made the new cover for our story, The amazing Queenofdarkness.                            

*♥*~*♥*~*♥*~*♥*~*♥*

                                              Chapter Nineteen

                                           “An unexpected guest”

                                     إلى أين المفر .. وكل الطرق تؤدي إليك

Zayed

Sunday 10:05 PM

It had been two days since Zayed’s engagement, but he didn’t feel like an engaged man at all. Nothing felt right other than the times when he looked at his father; only then his conscious was at ease. He tried to busy himself in work and stay away from friends and family, who didn’t have another topic to discuss aside from his engagement.

Zayed was in his father’s study room going through a file related to work, when he heard the door open and his mother walked in smiling at him. He examined her sneaky way of coming and knew that she had come to tell him something; something private.

“Hala Ummi (Hello mother) did you want something?” He questioned. They had just had dinner together and if she wanted something she would’ve said it there.

“No Habibi,” She closed the door and Zayed narrowed his eyes. “There’s something I need to talk to you about.” She said, coming to sit opposite him. Zayed turned from his lab top to her, giving her his full attention.

“Yes, what is it?” He inquired.

“Your father told me,” She exhaled and pressed both her hands to her laps as she sat down on the chair. “That you want to set a date for the wedding?” She put forward but her tone was questioning.

“Yes,” Zayed nodded. “I asked him to do that so that we’re over with this thing and he returns to his treatment.” He explained. Umm Zayed frowned when her son referred to his wedding as ‘this thing’.

“But son a wedding is not like an engagement that a few men gather around and the ceremony is over. It takes a lot more effort and time than you think.”

“I didn’t say that the wedding will be tomorrow, mother.” Zayed retorted turning back to his lap top. “You can still have a few weeks ahead of you.”

“Allah yesamhak ya weldi, and what could we possibly do in a few weeks. There is going to be a women’s function for the engagement, your Milcha and then the wedding. We can’t just finish all of that in a few weeks.” Umm Zayed hurried in her defense. “I have waited for this day for so long and I will do everything that I wished to do for my older sons wedding.”

Zayed turned to her with a sad smile. “Easy there woman, you’re gonna have to give up on some of your dreams.” He tried to make his tone light and teasing as he mused over his next sentence. “--- I don’t… want to have a Milcha, we’ll sign the papers in the court and that’s it.”

She threw him a disbelieving look.

“What do you mean?” Umm Zayed seemed surprised.

“You know what I mean mother.” Zayed replied, brushing her astonishment off.