Chapter Seventeen ♥ "The reply"

Chapter Seventeen

                                                            "The reply"

♦Mάнŕă

I was descending the stairs and came into the dim-lit living room, which was unusually very quiet. My eyes searched around, I couldn't find mother or anyone else. My hands were filled with sets of brushes and I was heading outside to my painting room to paint. Subsequently, or perhaps it was the effect of my love for him, I heard Hamad call my name. His voice was distanced like he was calling me from outside.

I rushed to the door, assuming he'd be in the men's Majlis, but he wasn't there. Confused, I now headed to the garden, bare foot with my hair falling on my shoulders; the light breeze teased them with every step I took.

At last I spotted him, standing in the middle of the garden with his back to me. I slowed my pace, slightly panting. "There you are." I sputtered. He didn't reply, only turned to me and that was all that took to shake me to my core. The mountain that I was seconds ago, transformed into fragile sand dunes, and if the wind blew any harder, it'd take me away with it.

The pair of eyes that now stared at me didn't belong to Hamad, instead they were those eyes that illuminated my dreams, eyes that planted joy and awakened the rainbow. He shone like ice against the afternoon sun, and was dressed in white just like the first day I had ever seen him. Zayed remained silent and didn't greet me with a nod, the way he usually does.

I waited for him to say something because his words were a treasure, but his silence was his lock and unfortunately he seems to have lost the key.

A while later; he took his amber eyes away from me and looked around at the flowers in our garden. There were too many roses and jasmines in our house that I noticed for the first time. They weren't there yesterday. Suddenly, an eerie feeling grew in my heart. I watched as he ignored me which made me sad. I wanted to hear his voice, at least one word. I yearn to hear his voice when the noises slumber down every night. Since he is the son of happiness, the master of spring, the moon of the desert, my prince my king.

"Were you looking for me?" I attempted to converse with him. This made him turn to face me. His eyes bore mine and I was drowning deeper and deeper in them when I came back to life.

~*♥*

I opened my eyes realizing it had been a dream, and blinked several times. I wasn't breathing for a while, my heartbeats ran against time and my head felt heavy. I was unable to comprehend what I had just seen. What is wrong with me? How can I dream this way about him?

Releasing the breath that I had caught, I sat up and turned on the bed-side lamp. During the seconds my eyes adjusted with the light, I imagined him standing in my room, but as I fully recovered, his image disappeared. However, it still dwelled in my brain, a new and young memory.

To some degree, I was embarrassed and irritated, but mostly I was amazed. I cursed myself under my breath for admiring him so affectionately in my dream. Had I no modesty or any pride? In my life, never have I ever been eager to see his face let alone listening to his voice. I hardly remembered how it sounded like. And now, here I am dreaming and thinking about him every night, he's been the owner of all my thoughts lately. Wonder if I have been on his mind at all!

~*♥*

1:30 PM

Hesitant and wary, I watched mother cook in the kitchen, and was unable to approach her. I stood leaning at the door and played with the hem of my sleeve, not uttering a word. She was neglectful of my presence until, at length, when I gathered my courage and entered, which caught her attention. She passed me a warm smile and I am not sure if I returned it. I was too preoccupied with my disordered thoughts.