Chapter Fourteen ♥ "The wish"

Chapter Fourteen

                                             “The wish”

“This was a terrible day!” Zayed declared, feeling an intolerable soreness rising in his heart. He yearned for some comfort and wished for his problems to solve each other. There was an inner battle he faced within himself and he wanted to get out of there without any loss, but little did he know that whichever way he goes, the loss is his. He felt himself trapped under a stack of negative thoughts which could explode in his head any minute.   

He knew both happiness and grief don’t last for too long but he wished to be happy or at least persuade his mind in believing that everything’s okay…even if it isn’t!

Leaving the room his father had been admitted in, he walked outside to the grounds of the hospital searching for some time, alone. If anyone saw him right that moment they’d say he is utterly angry and he did look quite distressed, with a cringed forehead and big angry steps he strode out of the building to get some air. His lungs needed to breathe in some fresh oxygen and his eyes longed to look at something other than the sight of his beloved father lying on the bed, weak and restless.

The warm air hit his face as the doors opened allowing him to walk out. Sunlight embraced him and touched every cell in his body. He let out a deep sigh as if he’d been holding it in for too long, but he could no more. Although the grounds were beautifully landscaped with flower gardens and topiary, but somehow they weren’t enough; still the image of his father and his eyes kept rushing back before Zayed’s eyes. And guilt kept banging on his chest!

No one was using the pathways for walking; Zayed was grateful because he needed some time alone. He took the right turn that led him to a more peaceful place, a round-shaped garden that was at the very end of the land. It was exactly where he wanted to be, away from people, away from the troubles or any sign of human nature.

Pacing through the silent pathways and tied up in his tangled thoughts, he didn’t realize when he reached the peaceful garden he had aimed for. There was a bench that sat in the shadow of two large trees in front of him, he made his way there and sat down on it. The place was quiet, nothing but the whispers of the wind and the singing of the birds rang around every now and then. And so he sat there organizing his thoughts.

“You think you can escape this?” said a voice, cutting through the silence. Zayed looked up to see a tall man who had the exact same eyes as him and his father. Badr was standing there, smiling slightly at his nephew.

“I wasn’t trying to.” Zayed replied, a little put off as Badr walked forward to join him on the bench. “How’d you know where to find me?”

“You know there isn’t much difference between how we think.” Badr certified, grinning. Zayed nodded because he knew that piece of reality. “Your father was worried about you.” Badr then added.

Zayed had left his parents and his uncle Badr, who came from U.S last Wednesday, in the room with the Nephrologist. Badr had a few questions to ask before Waleed got his dialysis treatment which was due tomorrow. It was Badr’s first time to encounter this since he missed the first two treatments, so he wanted to get as much information as he could.

 He made sure he’ll take his brother, Waleed, to America specially after seeing how he’d been last night. Waleed was brought to the hospital, barely conscious and very sick. Doctors had suggested he stay there until the Hemodialysis was over. Badr had insisted to stay the night with Waleed but Zayed refused and stayed with his father instead.