Chapter Eleven ♥ "Hamad's offer"

Important note:- We have decided to CHANGE Mahra's older sister's name. So in this chp MAHA's name would be REEM. I hope we don't cause any confusion.

                                             '♥♫ّ~Chapter Eleven~'♥♫•

                                                  ♥“Hamad’s offer”

The wedding on the men’s side was over as the groom left to see his bride in the ladies hall. The place slowly started to clear out as the male guests left except for those who had women accompanying them. Zayed being one of them stayed behind too. He called his mother and told her that he’d be waiting for them outside in the parking lot.

After saying his ‘Goodbye’ to Fahad, he took his leave, followed by Hamad, who had noticed a change in his mood. To him, Zayed seemed a little stressed and that was confirmed when he asked him for the reason and Zayed’s answer had been a shake of his head, which always meant that something is absolutely wrong and he doesn’t want to talk about it.

Hamad left it at that, he didn’t insist on knowing the reason. He knew after all these years of their friendship that Zayed will stay silent at first but after a while of being left alone, he always comes around.  So Hamad decided to wait. They both walked over to where Zayed’s car was parked and waited for their families.

“Your cousin’s grown up to be a great man.” Zayed complimented, turning to Hamad. “Fahad I mean.” He announced.

“Yes, he is.” Hamad agreed, leaning back at Zayed’s car. “What do you expect from a man who has grown up in my shadow?” He joked, a small effort to make his friend smile and succeeded. “But, why did you say that?” He grew serious and looked at his friend Zayed, who in return stared at him thoughtfully.

“Because,” Zayed began, rubbing his forehead. “I think I have a crush on him.” He said, still that grave expression on his face. And suddenly Hamad burst into laughter. Zayed too smiled at his own joke. He had actually considered Fahad for his sister, Mona, but he learned recently that he was engaged so that chapter was closed.

“If only he wasn’t engaged,” Hamad mocked and tsk-tsked in disapproval. “Such a great loss!” He jeered, without knowing what was actually going on in Zayed’s mind. “My mother had once intended to make him her son-in-law.” He spoke absent mindedly, but that sentence caught Zayed’s attention. So Mahra had once been considered for Fahad too. And why wouldn’t she be, after all he’s her cousin and from what Zayed could see, there were very few men like him. He didn’t know why but suddenly he felt his headache come back. Zayed held his head with his hand as his smile slightly faded and was replaced by a frown.

“What is it?” Hamad asked, noticing his expressions.

“Nothing, I have a really bad headache from the past couple of days.” Zayed said, checking his phone for a message he just received.

Hamad was going to reply if only he hadn’t caught sight of ‘her’. A light smile made its way on his lips as he saw…Mona. His world stopped for a while as he watched her walk ahead of her mother and towards him. It was a good thing Zayed was busy with his phone instead of catching him drinking in his sister’s appearance. Although she had her hair covered but Hamad thought she looked incredibly beautiful. The thing that bothered Hamad the most was that he didn’t get to see her beautiful brown eyes- eyes that he had missed from two agonizing months, ever since Zayed had been back.