Chapter Seven ❤ "Resentment turning into abashment"

Chapter Seven

"Resentment turning into abashment"

*~'*~'Eleven years ago*~'*~'*~'

Both Zayed and Rashid stepped out the car, and made their way to Hamad's house. They had another troublesome plan up their hands; they were going to Salalah, a beautiful city in UAE's neighbor country Oman, and come back without anyone knowing.

At fifteen, when none of them had driving license, going to another country seemed impossible but they didn't have that word in their dictionary.

Zayed and Rashid had both lied to their families, saying that they were going to stay at Hamad's place and Hamad had presented the same story to his mother. No one had a problem if Hamad wanted to stay at Zayed's place, because Mr. Ali, Hamad's father, was very fond of that kid.

But the families didn't know that the three boys had intended otherwise. Zayed the mastermind behind the plan had made all the arrangements and rented a car at his father's name, without Mr. Waleed knowing anything, of course. They had taken all the necessary items they would need and had filled their pockets with enough money for two days.

The car was ready, the boys were ready, their pockets were warm, the only thing they had to do was to pick up Hamad and take off.

Sadly, they didn't know that trouble was waiting for them at the front door because, a ten year old Mahra was standing there with her bicycle parked on her right side; her messy hair falling on her shoulders and her clothes were all stained with what looked like chocolate ice-cream.

Rashid saw her and gave an evil smirk, because it was time to have some fun. He turned around to Zayed that smile still on his face; "I'll be right back," He said and walked towards her while Zayed stood by the car, waiting for Hamad to come out.

"Marhaba Ya Dubbah, (Hello, fatty)" Rashid stopped in front of her with a swing in his steps. Mahra hadn't liked the two guys at all, especially the one who stood in front of her, who always pulled her hair and called her fat.

"Martak Dubbah, Ya Haywan, (Your wife is the fat one, you jackass)" She screamed out. Rashid laughed, he liked teasing her, she was easy to bug, he always thought. And as always he stretched his hand to pull her hair but Mahra started shouting before he even touched her. Zayed, flinched at the sharp shrill of her cry, she always irritated him.

Whereas Rashid enjoyed it, he enjoyed her shrieks that didn't stop him from doing what he had come to do. He still pulled her hair and snatched the ice cream that she had been eating, making Mahra cry and curse out loud, "You just wait, I am going to tell my dad about you," she said weeping. Rashid grinned and turned away from her to her bicycle, he started examining it.

"Next time don't insult my future wife," He said, glancing at her. She marched towards him and punched his hand, "Don't touch my cycle with your filthy hands." She yelled at the top of her lungs. Rashid was dumbstruck; he wasn't expecting her to fight back.

"Did you just hit me?" He said, playfully, but Mahra was too angry to notice his light mood. She just stared back at him, challengingly. Once again, he pulled her long hair, this time a little roughly.

"Let go of me!" She cried again and Rashid let go only because he had spotted Hamad. He walked towards him as Hamad shook his head.

"I hate you, Ya Hamar (You donkey)" Mahra screamed at his back, holding her head with her hand.