Chapter 25- Wide Awake

_____Erica's Pov(Lisa's mom)____

Sitting on the chair next to my daughter's bed had become a daily ritual for me. I held her hand gently and just stared at my baby girl. I was in New Jersey at the hospital where Lisa had been admitted into almost three months ago, and I did the same thing every day. I was always in the hospital guarding my precious angel. I refused to leave her sight. The last couple of months I watched her make a remarkable improvement when the doctors were not sure if she would survive due to the horrible ordeal she had suffered.

Now, all her scars and bruises had faded completely. Her broken bones were healed and there was a little colour in her face, although it was still pale due to the lack of sunlight.

Andrea told me that Kyra had been found and I was extremely grateful. The accident she was in was tragic and it's a miracle she survived.

It was still a mystery as to who kidnapped the girls or why they did it in the first place. For some reason, I believe Andrea is hiding the truth from me. I believe she knows more about the girls' kidnapper than she is telling. Why hide the truth though? We're in this together. Both of our families were affected by the kidnappings and not to mention the state in which my daughter was found. She was basically left for dead in a ditch.

I pray whoever the kidnapper is will leave the girls alone. Hopefully he'll jump off a bridge and die. I pray suffers a tragic fate and he burns in hell for torturing our daughters and causing so much pain and tragedy in our lives.

I let out a sigh full of burden and regret. I wish I could have foreseen this happening. I would have done everything possible to protect both girls. The good thing was that I had Lisa with me now and all I could do at this moment was pray that my princess woke up and was in perfect health after the horrific ordeal she experienced.

I sat on the chair opposite Lisa's bed, held her hand and began talking to her.

"Hi Lisa. It's mom. I wish you could open your eyes. The doctors said you are doing much better. Lisa, we miss you so much. Kyra is safe as well. She was found and is in a hospital in Virginia. She's in a coma just like you but she'll be fine. We just really need you to wake up." I said to Lisa.

I then kissed her on her cheek and was about to leave when her eyes slowly fluttered open.

I watched her in amazement. I waited to see if she would talk.

"Ma?" she said hardly audible.

" Lisa. You're awake!" I exclaimed enthusiastically and embraced her whole-heartedly.

She looked a little confused.

I then pressed the button to call the nurse.

"Where am I?" she asked, sounding extremely hoarse and barely audible.

"Urggghhh...." she groaned in pain, putting her hand to her forehead and she scrunched her face up in discomfort as her throat was extremely dry.

The nurse soon came in and was happy to see Lisa awake and immediately buzzed a doctor who then rushed into the room.

"Ah, Lisa! You're finally wide awake." the doctor said smiling, while the nurse brought her a glass of water and told her to drink slowly.

"Who...who's Lisa?" she asked looking around the room in confusion.

The doctor took a quick glance at me and then turned his attention back to Lisa.

"Do you know where you are?" he asked her calmly.