Chapter 13- The Truth is Still Hidden

______Kyra's Pov________

Tears ran down my face and I sat on the ground contemplating my life and the messed up situation I was in. My best friend had just slapped me but maybe I did deserve it. I could not even recognise her. She was totally transformed and not in a good way. I was so self-absorbed. All I could think about was myself when Lisa told me that we needed to escape. I wanted to escape this castle when I first arrived at the castle, but now I wanted to live in the castle. Life was too perfect here.

I was beyond spoilt with all the riches I could ever ask for. Raymond, who I thought was a horrible person was actually really sweet and very romantic. I hated the fact that Lisa could be right. The fact that Raymond could have actually done that to her. Maybe he had not changed. Maybe he was just trying to brainwash me and turn me against my best friend.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a loud knocking on the door which caused my heart to beat rapidly.

"Kyra, are you okay?" he asked concerned and I immediately recognised Raymond's voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered, quickly wiping away my tears and clearing my throat so that there would be no evidence of me crying.

"Then why won't you open the door?" he asked with concern clear in his voice.

Normally, I would open the door within the first knock but today I was not in the mood to talk to anyone.

I heard the door handle rattle and it was clear that he was trying to open the door but he did not have the keys on him so I would have to open it for him.

"I don't know. I'm just...I'm not in my mood." I answered with tears streaming down my face.

"Please open the door Kyra. Then I'll know you're okay." he said soothingly.

I got up from the floor and walked to the door, wiping the tears from my face and took a deep breath before opening the door.

The smile he had on his face instantly disappeared when he saw my face.

"What happened? Did someone hit you?"he asked with concern, holding my face gently as he inspected the bruise.

"No. I ran into a wall." I said trying to get him to drop the topic.

I could not tell him the truth. I had to lie but he could see straight through my lie which made me get cold feet.

"Don't try that with me. I can tell if someone has slapped you. Please tell me who did this." he said with genuine concern and I cracked under the pressure.

"Fine but only under one condition.You tell me why you took me away from my home and nothing but the truth." I demanded, folding my arms across my chest and my face was totally serious.

I saw a wave of shock pass through his eyes and even some anger flashed through his eyes before he sighed and touched my shoulders gently.

"You need to sit down for this." he said sadly.

I nodded my head and walked to my bed where I sat and he followed suit.

"First of all, I am truly sorry for this but this was your parents' fault. Did you know that you are a princess? Heiress to the British throne?" he asked me and my eyes almost popped out of its socket.

"What? What are you talking about? I said the truth. Why are you making these things up? Royalty no longer exists. Monarchies are history now, stuck in the brains of historians." I responded, getting upset at the fact that Raymond would make up such a pathetic lie.