Chapter 14-Regret

Chapter 14- Regret

_________Kyra's Pov_______

~ Wow! This is so majestic.

It was winter time and the trees were covered with snow. The branches had no leaves on them but it looked so beautiful.

"Lisa! Wait for me!" I shouted as she ran playfully through the forest. She wore a long, silky, white dress and blended in perfectly with her surroundings. Her long blonde hair was curly and reached her back. She was bare footed in the snow and her beautiful smile could stop time. Her cheeks were rosey and her lips were painted in a vibrant red. She turned around and continued to run, her hair bouncing and flying with every step she took. As she ran, she bumped into a tree and fell to the ground on her back. All of a sudden, the tree became alive and swallowed her. I screamed in horror and tried to run away. The tree then turned into Raymond and he laughed evilly at me as I tried to escape him.~

I awoke in cold sweat and screaming. My heart was racing against my chest and I was breathing heavily. It was only a dream. I took in some deep breaths, trying to calm myself down when I realised that I was in a strange room. I was in a dark room and lying on the floor and I sat up placing my hand on my head, still fuzzyheaded from the events of yesterday.

Before I could get a chance to get up from the ground I was on and explore the room I was most likely locked in, two men suddenly burst into the room and grabbed me roughly.

I was too startled to even protest their actions.

What was going on? Where were they taking me?

They dragged me out of the room and brought me to another room at the end of the hallway which looked like a professional dressing room.

"She is not allowed to leave this room under any circumstances. Just get her ready and when she is done, Henry will escort her to her destination." one of the guards said as they released me from their grip causing me to stumble to the ground.

A maid stood in front of me with no emotion as well as a man I had never seen before.

"Follow me into the bathroom adjoining this room. Hurry, we don't have much time." the maid instructed me and I got up from the ground without uttering a word.

I took a quick shower with the maid waiting right outside the bathroom for me. I quickly put on the undergarments which were left on the counter of the bathroom sink for me and then put a robe over me.

My thoughts were running wild. What was Raymond going to do to me? I tried to escape him but he outsmarted me. Then again, how could I have been so dumb. He was a dangerous man. It was obvious that he was thorough in every step he took to kidnap me. That was why no one was able to find Lisa and I as yet. He made sure not to leave any clues.

The maid gave me a look of pity and the man then began to converse with me.

"Hi Kyra. I'm Ronaldo and you'll be seeing me a lot often, that is, if Raymond doesn't cut off my head." he said laughing but I did not find that remotely funny.

Ronaldo was wearing a light pink dress shirt and cut up jeans which fitted him perfectly. He was skinny and tall and he wore glasses but I believe they were just for fashion.

I simply stared at him, not knowing what to say.

"Sit, sit. We don't have all day. I have to do your makeup and please don't ruin it with your crying. We only have one shot at this." he said and I followed his instructions.

As I looked in the mirror in front of me, I realised that my eyes were a bit red and the incident from yesterday kept replaying in my head.

I was so scared. Raymond shot that poor maid in front of me without even a glimpse of hesitation or remorse after. He is a devious, mentally deranged man who needed psychological help. Why would he do all of this? More importantly, what did the dream I had earlier mean? Something bad is going to happen. I just know it.