Chapter 1- Trouble

Chapter 1- Trouble

______Kyra's Pov_____

"Ding dong." was the sound I heard.

It was late in the night, about ten, and Lisa's doorbell was ringing. We were having a slumber party at her house and I figured one of the girls was late. I was all snuggled up as I sat on the comfy sofa with a fluffy blanket covering me. I was wearing fluffy baby blue pyjama pants and a cotton long-sleeve blue top. The other girls had similar outfits and we spent weeks planning this epic slumber party as we had a lot of catching up to do and lots of gossip to indulge in. It was our annual ritual to meet up at Lisa's house and have a slumber party and this one would be our last before we went off to college so we wanted to make it worth every moment.

Lisa had been my best friend from since we were in diapers and we were always together. Her home was like my main home as I was forever at her house since my mom was always busy at work. Lisa and I lived approximately ten minutes away from each other but we acted as if we had not seen each other in years if we spent a weekend without each other. We were inseparable. Nothing could tear us apart or the friendship that we shared.

I ignored the doorbell as I was in the living room eating popcorn and watching one of the episodes of 'Scream Queens'. I was quite obsessed with the series and my favourite actresses starred in the episode. I always wondered what it would be like to be in a horror movie. It would be so much fun and I was smart enough to know how to get out of a situation like that, unlike the idiotic characters in horror movies who would actually run towards the grim reaper and basically give him no challenge to kidnap and kill them.

The person rang the doorbell again which got me very irritated. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and put my popcorn on the coffee table in front of me.

"Hey! The doorbell is ringing." I shouted, trying to ignore the ringing. Why was no one running to answer the door? It was as if I was the only one who could hear it.

The doorbell sounded again and I finally caved in. This person better has a good reason for disturbing me from my show. Everyone here knows that you do not disturb me when I am watching "Scream Queens". This was the number one rule when I am watching shows, hence my reason for being in the living room with dimmed lights while everyone else was helping out baking more cupcakes and cookies filled with loads of sugar so that we could stay up throughout the night and also experience the inevitable sugar rush which would come with eating so much candy and sugar.

The coffee table in front of me was filled with plenty of snacks. Apart from my bowl of popcorn which I rested on it, I had plenty of chocolates, skittles, sodas and a few cupcakes at my disposal on the table. All the cupcakes looked amazing but the chocolate one gained my attention and I quickly took it before anyone could come in and snatch it away from me.

 All the cupcakes looked amazing but the chocolate one gained my attention and I quickly took it before anyone could come in and snatch it away from me

I paused the episode begrudgingly and grumbled getting up from the couch as I realised no one was going to answer the door. I took a bite from my chocolate cupcake and walked disgruntled towards the front door.