Chapter 7- A Clue

Chapter 7- A Clue

____Andrea's Pov (Kyra's mom)____

I laid in bed looking at the ceiling, trying to figure out what I had done to deserve such a punishment, to have my only child take away from me mysteriously and without a trace; no warning, no letter, no ransom note. Nothing.

I miss my daughter so much. It's been two months and I can hardly think straight. We had no enemies or none that we knew of and all of a sudden, in a quiet and relatively peaceful neighbourhood, a double kidnapping occurred. It just doesn't add up. Nothing does anymore.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the ringing of the doorbell. I immediately got out of bed, walked out of my room and ran down the stairs, with hope in my eyes.

I wish Kyra could be greeting me at the door or the police had finally found her and that she was safe and sound.

I rushed to the door and opened it with a glimmer of hope in my eyes, only to be greeted by someone I never thought would be there. The shocked expression on my face explained my confusion.

"Daniel? What -what are you doing here?" I rubbed my eyes to make sure that I wasn't seeing things.

"Yes it's me. I've come to find my daughter. " he said with hurt in his voice.

He stood dashingly handsome in front of me, more muscular and all in all, a perfect man. My ex-husband was starring me straight in the face and I was in complete disbelief. He truly cared about us. He smiled at me without flashing his teeth but beneath that facade, I could tell his heart was breaking by the hurt and concern in his eyes. After not seeing his only daughter for six years, he received the heart wrenching call by his ex-wife informing him that his only child had been kidnapped.

I allowed him to come in and asked if he wanted coffee. He said no thanks and sat on the couch.

I told him to give me a few minutes and then I rushed upstairs to take a quick shower and put on jeans and a t-shirt. I took no more than ten minutes. I've been in a sulky mood for a while and didn't care about my appearance.

I hurried down the stairs and informed Daniel that we needed to leave to go to the police station as they had called me about an hour ago.

Half an hour later, I sat in an interrogating room with a detective and it was so nerve wrecking. He kept asking the same questions over and over and I felt as if they were wasting time. They should be trying to find our daughters and not bringing us back and forth in the station.

"Andrea, do you have any idea where your daughter was taken? Any clues? Why would anyone want to hurt your family?" the detective asked me.

I was being interrogated by the same man who spoke to me the night of my daughter's alleged kidnapping. I was a suspect but I had no motive to kidnap my daughter or her best friend. The officer was drilling me, trying to make me crack under the pressure.

The police officers had taken both of the girls to see if they could find any messages signalling a threat or any other hints that they would be kidnapped but they came up with nothing. They only found the tracking device that Lisa's mom had installed in her phone which was something all parents did to teenager's phones since at that age, they tend to do risky things.

In Kyra's phone, the tracking device I had installed was found as she's run away from home on many occasions. However, each time she was found at the Simpson's house. Lisa's mom would call me every time she Kyra came unexpected. She knew that I did not have the best relationship with my daughter ever since I divorced her father. With further investigation, a spy cam was found on Kyra's phone which caused my blood to run cold. I had not installed that onto her device and so the thought of someone watching my daughter made my feel sick to my stomach. When the detective tried to trace the perpetrator, a malware infected the phone and now it is damaged beyond repair.