Chapter 38-Escaping the Castle

Chapter 38- Escaping the Castle

____Kyra's Pov ________

The months went by quickly and soon Ariel was four months old and the only time she had been outside the castle walls was when she was born. I had never stepped foot outside the castle as Raymond believed that our baby had everything she needed in the castle. Raymond had hired nurses to take care of our baby and she also had two nannies to take over when I was tired. However, I always preferred to take care of my baby on my own. I saw no reason to have nannies for Ariel. She was such a well-behaved baby, never crying except for when she was hungry or needed to be changed. Baby Ariel was perfectly healthy despite the rough pregnancy I had experienced with her.

I was also doing much better and my anaemia was under control. Having a baby was the best thing that could ever happen to me. I dressed her up in the cutest outfits. I also played the piano for her almost every day and sang songs to her. Ariel's face would light up and she would listen intently every time I sang for her. I could already tell she would love music when she gets older. Ariel was just the most magical baby I could have been blessed with. She was my only real family as although Raymond was my husband, he was not blood related to me.

Living in the castle was amazing and baby Ariel would have a life of every girls' dream. However, I wanted her to experience a few days away from the castle. I wanted to make my baby see the city even though she would not remember it now. I just wanted some time away from the castle and hopefully, Raymond would want to take a trip with his family as well.

Ariel was playing in her crib so I decided that it would be a perfect time to ask her daddy if we could go to the city for a weekend. I called one of the nannies to watch her and she was beyond shocked that I had summoned her as I rarely needed her assistance. I told her that I would not belong and she was free to play with baby Ariel and make her smile.

I exited Ariel's mermaid themed room and went to look for my husband. I found him in his study busy reading some sort of contract on his laptop and sprawled out on his desk were some ancient-looking documents that looked as if it had been written with a quill pen.

I pushed the door open a bit more as it was slightly ajar. I wonder what he was racking his brain at this time. What significance were these documents? He looked deeply intrigued with what he was doing.

"Hi, honey." I greeted him as I entered the room. He did not look up at me but muttered a brief response under his breath.

I pecked him on the lips and sat on his lap.

" Yes love, how can I help you?" he asked still concentrating on the papers before him.

" I was wondering if we could go out? It's been so long since we've left the castle. I would love to go to the city to do shopping and show Ariel places." I said to him smiling ad hoping he would agree with my proposal.

However, the response I received from him was not what I had expected.

"You almost died giving birth to our daughter and she too had to fight for her life. I just don't think we should take risks by bringing her out in the open as yet." he responded.

His response took me aback and I looked at him a bit puzzled.

"Raymond, Ariel is the most bubbly and energetic baby there is. She's almost five months old and the only place she has ever been in is this castle. How do you expect her body to build antibodies from diseases and the cold if she doesn't go out?" I asked him a bit upset.

His mood suddenly changed and he pushed me off of him causing me to look at him in confusion and a bit startled.

"Did I say something wrong?" my eyes were opened wide and I looked at him with concern at his rapid change in demeanour.