Chapter 32- Wedding Time

________Kyra's Pov_______

"Miss Kyra. It's time to wake up." I could hear the excitement in the maid's voice as she tried to wake me up from my slumber.

What was she so happy about? It was probably not even six o'clock in the morning as yet.

I rubbed my eyes in annoyance trying to figure out what was going on.

"Up, up! Today is your big day! You must be so excited!" she said while I groaned, rolling over on the other side to see if I could get at least five extra minutes of shut eye.

Miss Martha was in her mid forties and had known Raymond from time he was a baby. She had been the nanny assigned to him and continued her service with the family even after Raymond's father, Derek died. She had taken care of Henry after the death of their mother during child birth.

I suddenly felt my covers being pulled off me and I groaned in disappointment. I begrudgingly stumbled out of my bed. This would be the last time I would be in this chambers. After today, I would be moved to Raymond's chambers. It would no longer be my belongings but rather ours. Everything would now be shared between the two of us. Then again, I owned nothing. Everything had been Raymond's. His generosity was the only reason I even had a bedroom to call my own.

What if after my accident no one had come o acknowledge me? Maybe I would have been out on the streets with no where to call home. Thank God for Raymond. He was my lifesaver.

My bath had been run already and I was ushered into the bathroom by my maids and the wedding ritual of pampering the soon to be bride was in effect. I soaked in a rose petal bubbly tub while my feet were receiving a pedicure. I was also receiving a facial while I took my bath. Although this treatment was supposed to be calming, I felt like everything was moving so fast.

To say that I was nervous was an understatement. In less than a few hours I would be saying 'I do' to a man I was not even sure if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. To a man that I knew absolutely nothing about. I just wished I could remember my past. It has been so frustrating these past couple of months trying to figure out if I could really trust Raymond. He seems so genuine and as much as I want to believe he is because he is handsome, rich and kind, the other half of me believes he is hiding the truth for me but maybe I'm just paranoid. I should just be grateful for all what he has done for me.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and the girl staring back was so beautiful but I knew absolutely nothing about her. Learning all about yourself from scratch was bewildering as I honestly had no one to help me. I had no family or friends to assist me. I lived in a castle with a man that would be my husband in a few hours and the maids and servants refused to make eye contact with me as if I would hurt them.

"Are you nervous?" Amara asked me, taking me away from my thoughts.

"A little." I said smiling shyly.

A little? Why was I lying? I was beyond nervous. I was scared of the unknown. At eighteen years old I was getting married. I had not even begun to live my life and I was already tying myself down with a man I could remember absolutely nothing about.

"Everything is going to be fine." she said placing her palm gently on my shoulder trying to reassure me but as much as she tried to sound comforting, I felt as if she was lying.

Was everything really going to be fine?

"Let's get you in your wedding gown." she said and my designers came in to help me fit into the most extravagant and heavenly wedding dress I had ever seen. My dress was not like typical wedding dresses. It was a sleeveless royal blue dress with silver diamonds embedded throughout and it faded into a lighter blue at the bottom.