Chapter Fifty-Three

Well everyone. This is it. It's been a hell of a ride. Thank you for all your support and enjoy this last chapter of Unnatural. COMMENT and try not to cry bc I am crying ): love you all!

xoxo
______________

Delia
.
.
.
I don't know how long I sat there. Professor Trelawney had come over awhile ago to cover their bodies but retreated once she saw me. It was the early hours of the morning now and I tucked my hair behind my ear, movement coming in from my peripheral view. There was a crowd starting to form and I slowly got up, trudging to see what the commotion was about.
"Who is that Hagrid's carrying? Neville who is that?" Ginny asked warily and my hands moved to cover my mouth as I recognized Harry's jacket on the limp body cradled by Hagrid.
"Harry Potter is dead!" The Dark Lord proclaimed, making gasps erupt from our side.
"No! No!" Ginny lunged forwards but her father pulled her back.
"Silence! Stupid girl." The whole school, or rather what was left of us, was now gathered in the courtyard.
"Harry Potter is dead! From this day forth, you put your faith in me." The Dark Lord pointed to himself before he let a cruel smirk contort his face. The hairs on my neck stood up as he turned to look at his many followers, arms outstretched.
"HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!" The Death Eaters cheered and snickered, the laughs bouncing off the rubble of the castle. My eyes scanned his troops and landed on Bellatrix. I clenched my jaw tight, resolving to remain as calm as possible. I would be killed on site if I tried anything.
"And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us or die." Silence fell across the sea of people on both sides.
"Draco!" Lucius hissed from across the way, eyes flickering back and forth between the Dark Lord and his son. I tried my best to keep my eyes down but I looked to my left and there he stood, blonde hair disheveled. Lucius hesitantly took a step forwards, extending a low arm to him.
"Draco." He called again, with less urgency so it didn't seem like he was begging his son.
"Draco, come." Narcissa Malfoy beckoned her son and I watched as Draco took steps towards his expectant parents but not before the Dark Lord acknowledged him. His thin arms snaked around Draco's stiff figure in something barely reminiscent of an embrace.
"Well done, Draco. Well done." Draco joined his parents, moving to stand next to his mother instead of between them. Neville limped forwards, a dusty hat in his hand. What is he doing?
"Well I must say I'd hoped for better." The Death Eaters laughed at their leader's statement, my eyes darting back and forth between Neville and Lord Voldemort.
"And who might you be young man?"
"Neville Longbottom." Cruel laughs erupted again and I let my eyes wander to where Draco stood, his figure very still. He didn't meet my eyes but I could tell even from a distance that his face was filled with conflict. If he was conflicted then there was no need to pursue him any further. He should know what is right by now and since he didn't, it was clear that I'd had to make the choice for him. Part of me was glad I did but I was also hoping deep down that he would chase me even now.
"Well Neville I'm sure we'd all be interested in what you have to say." My ears picked up the conversation again and I shifted slightly.
"It doesn't matter Harry is gone."
"Stand down Neville." Seamus warned, looking at him fearfully but Neville whipped around to stare at him in the eye.
"People die everyday. Friends, family. Yeah we lost Harry tonight. He's still with us in here." He pointed to his chest and I looked over at Harry's body still dangling in the arms of Hagrid. At this point I couldn't cry or anything. So much had happened that I was still processing it all.
"So is Fred, and Remus. Tonks. All of them. They didn't die in vain." Neville turned back to face the Dark Lord and opened his mouth to speak again.
"But you will, cause you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! This is not over!" Pulling a sword out of the hat, he held it defensively just as out of the corner of my eye, Harry rolled out of Hagrid's arms. I gasped as Harry stood and began to send spells at the snake and Lord Voldemort, infuriating him. Several black clouds began to shoot into the sky, signaling that the Death Eaters were fleeing.
"Come back! Come back and fight!" Bellatrix bellowed to those leaving, frustrated but still innately loyal to her master. I smirked and pulled out my wand to help fight against the Dark Lord's followers who had stayed, now fighting in combat. Seamus ducked as a spell neared him, rubble flying in the air.
"Delia!" Ginny shouted, and I searched for her face amongst the battle going on around me. I finally spotted her near the bridge and raced over as two Death Eaters mercilessly attacked her, green curses flying about.
"Reducto!" A large piece of what was most likely a pillar exploded next to the two Death Eaters, sending them back. I bent down and helped Ginny get up from behind some more ruins, blood dripping down her arm. Stone flew from my right side, a few pieces hitting my face and I winced. I felt my lip stinging and saw some Hufflepuffs battling near where the explosion had come from.
"Your elbow." I ripped the bottom of my tank top I had underneath my shirt, wrapping the scraggly fabric around her elbow. Just finished tying the knot of the material, I moved my hand to wipe away the blood from my lip but stopped short when I saw Lucius Malfoy's figure several feet away on the bridge. He was staring at everything unfolding in front of him, most likely debating on what to do. Finally he turned around and I caught sight of Draco's retreating frame with his mother's arm across his back. My arm dropped to my side and Ginny moved to see what I was looking at as well. The metallic taste of my blood reached the inside of my mouth and I licked it away, touching my stomach gently. I peeled my eyes away from the unmistakeable sight of him walking away from us and let out a breath in disappointment but also acknowledgment that this was happening.
"Delia-"
"I'm okay. We're okay." I lied through my teeth and she knew it but nodded anyways.

In the aftermath of the battle, Hogwarts was torn apart. There were plenty of people who had died fighting against the Dark Lord. It had finally ended and I was happy that my friends had survived but now I had to think about where I'd be staying. I was sure the Weasley's would take me in but with so many of them, I doubted a baby would be ideal. Besides, they'd just lost one of their own so it seemed I would have to figure it out. I could dip into the savings my parents had left me which wasn't much to begin with but maybe it could keep me afloat in a flat for myself and the baby for a few months. Would they have been mad at me if they were alive? Disappointed? I would never know.
I looked around the Great Hall, the faces of my peers tear and dirt stained. I sat a few feet away from Neville and Luna, preferring to be alone to collect my thoughts. I propped my chin on my hand, drumming my free hand on the wooden table underneath me. Harry, Ron and Hermione walked in from wherever they'd disappeared to and Ron excused himself, walking towards his family. Harry scanned the room before his eyes landed on me and he signaled Hermione to follow him, making his way to where I was seated. They sat on either side of me and a silence fell between us, neither of them knowing what to say.
"Whatever you need." Harry said, his bright eyes peering into mine. I nodded, twiddling my thumbs and taking a deep breath. It was all I needed to hear right now. I couldn't stand to hear someone ask me how I was feeling or tell me to look on the brighter side. I was being allowed to wallow in whatever storm of emotions I had brewing inside me. That to me, was more compassionate than verbally telling me it was going to be okay. They sat with me for awhile, Hermione's head against mine. For now, this was enough because it had to be.