Chapter Twenty-Two

Hey guys I just wanted to say I'm sorry I've been taking long to update. I'm kind of , not in writer's block because I know where I want to go, but I'm having a hard time writing. I'm having a lot of personal things I've gotta sort out so that's why this chapter is shorter. I'm trying my best so bear with me. Please comment, it really helps me and gives me motivation to update more often!
(The dialogue from the movie is there to keep the story move in the same flow.)
xoxo
___________________

Delia
.
.
.
I don't think anyone could've predicted what would've happened that night. Everyone was still reeling from the Dumbledore's death, especially Harry. The four of us stood at the astronomy tower, and I saw Hagrid's hut in ashes.
"D'you think he would've done it? Draco?" Hermione asked.
"No." Harry and I said at the same time. Our eyes met and I frowned.
"He was lowering his wand. In the end it was Snape. It was always Snape. And I did nothing." Harry looked down and I put my hand on his shoulder.
"Strange thinking this is a piece of Voldemort's soul." Hermione looked at the locket and I furrowed my brows.
"Only, it isn't. It's fake. Go on. Open it." Hermione opened the pocket to find a piece of folded parchment. What is that?
"To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B." She paused before looking up at us and I shrugged.
"R.A.B?"
"Dunno. But whoever they are, they
have the real Horcrux. Which means, it was a waste. All of it."
"Ron's okay with it, you know. You
and Ginny. But if I were you, when he's around, I'd keep the snogging to a minimum." Hermione smiled obviously trying to cheer him up.
"I'm not coming back, Hermione."
Hermione nodded and I chewed my lip.
"We reckoned -- Ron and me."
"I have to finish what Dumbledore started. I'm not sure where that will lead me... but I'll let you and Ron know where I am when I can."
"I've always admired your courage, Harry. But sometimes, you're really thick."
"Harry you can't do this by yourself, you're barking." I said, supporting Hermione.
"You need us, Harry."
"Delia you have to promise me you'll stay." Harry said turning towards me.
"What?! I'm perfectly capable of helping you three." I crossed my arms but he just shook his head and stepped towards me.
"You're all the family I've got left, Dee." My heart raced at the familiar nickname and I froze in place for a few seconds before shaking my head.
"I'm not taking a backseat in all of this. If I'm to stay here I'll be helping you in any way I can."
"Fine. Don't use the owlery to send us messages, they'll know. I suspect they'll be keeping a close watch on all of us." Hermione said. It grew silent and a tear slipped down my cheek.
"What are we going to do without you three, Ginny and I?" My lip trembled and I pulled Harry and Hermione into a hug.
"Relax, we've still got the summer." Hermione said, patting my back. I let them go as a bird called in the distance. We looked to see Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix flying off as a breeze wafted in.
"I never really noticed how beautiful this place is." Harry said as Ron joined us.
.
.
.
The summer we spent together was one of the most precious I've had, and I knew everyone else felt the same. We'd meet up every other week and write to each other all the time. The letters were a reminder of the numbered days we had together before the three of them left us. I'd spent the summer's entirety with the Weasley's, and I grew fonder of Ginny and Ron. The day came for the Order and the rest of us to drink the polyjuice potion so we'd look like Harry faster than I thought. I knew Harry wouldn't agree but it was the best plan we had to keep him safe since he was underage still. I was glad to be able to help since my birthday was in February. I paced as everyone prepared themselves to disapparate to Harry's. Lupin approached me and put a hand on my back.
"Worried, Delia?" He asked as I bit my lip.
"I just know he won't agree and even though it's for his own good I can't help feeling like I'm betraying him."
"Sometimes we have to lie to those we love most. In some cases, and I mean a select few, it's quite alright." My thoughts wandered to Draco and I gulped. It'd been months since he tried to contact me. Draco had sent me letters well into the summer but stopped after months without a response from me. I hadn't opened a single one and they remained in a small box I had along with the other things that reminded me of him including music. Peppermint tea, which just so happened to be Ginny's favorite thing to drink before going to bed every night reminded me of him. I couldn't listen to The Rolling Stones anymore, it just hurt too much. Lupin turned away from me but I reached out and grabbed his coat.
"So it's alright to lie for the safety of others? Even if it means the entire relationship or view of the person was shattered by that lie?"
"It's not what we want but what we need sometimes. Although, if it was done out of cowardice, then no." I nodded and looked down.
"I'm sure you'll find someone better suited for you this year, Delia." I looked up at him in shock and he gave me a knowing smile, walking away. My cheeks flushed and I cleared my throat as Hermione walked over to me.
"Ready, Delia? You've got your wand?" She asked and I pulled out my smooth light brown wand. We walked outside and disapparated.